What's new

Trivia Student who received a full scholarship from Harvard

Meet the student from Laguna who received a full scholarship from Harvard​

363820658_2030075370659627_8618142822251341739_n.jpg

Photo Credit to @carlaudricguia on Instagram

A student from Laguna received full scholarship offers from prestigious universities in the US, including the esteemed Harvard University.​

Carl Audric Guia, a student at UP Rural High School, is set to study astrophysics at Harvard with a full scholarship.​

In an interview on My Puhunan: Kaya Mo!, Carl shared that he always wanted to pursue a career in astrophysics.​

He first discovered astronomy in an encyclopedia that was given to him by his grandmother.​

"Ako po ang nagbukas ng mga librong 'yun and from there doon po talaga nag-bloom 'yung curiosity ko especially sa Astronomy, sa galaxy," he said.​

Carl shared that he wanted to study college in the US to pursue astrophysics, but his family could not afford the costs. So, he applied for a scholarship.​

"I know full well na we wouldn't be able to afford especially if I want to study abroad. Sinabi po sa akin ng magulang ko na kahit ibenta namin 'yung bahay namin, ibenta po lahat ng ari-arian namin, ibenta 'yung sarili nila hindi po aabot 'yung pera namin," he said.​

"Medyo discouraging po siya at first. But it just pushed me to aim higher and aim for a scholarship talaga abroad," he added.​

Prior to getting accepted to Harvard, Carl joined an international astronomy contest for high school students, which he won.​

The competition was held in the US in 2022. Carl said that this impressed Harvard.​

"Na-appreciate po talaga nila sa akin even po wala kaming facility ng astronomy dito sa Philippines, like sa school po namin wala po kaming astronomy facilities, they really saw it in my application that it got me so far as flying to the US and 'yun talaga nag standout," he remarked.​

Carl said that he hopes his story will inspire others to pursue their dreams.​

"'Yung story ko po dinede-decate ko to people who want to make something happen tapos kailangan lang po ng konting push to do it. So if they are watching this po, I hope they have a little trust in themselves kasi it might make all the difference," he said.​

source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Marami-rami na rin tayong Pinoy students na naka-receive ng full scholarships sa Ivy League at iba pang prestigious schools sa US. This year lang din yun.
hindi talaga lahat ng tao eh biniyayaan ng katalinuhan.. piling pili lang sila kaya deserved nila na makarating doon..