What's new

Closed Similarities between one piece and fairy tail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two series that are published in two different magazines, but share lots of similarities. Some are just outlandish while some are too obvious. One Piece is around 9 years older than Fairy Tail and Mashima has talked about Oda being one of his inspirations, but lets see how far he takes that "Inspiration".

Firstly, the most obvious one. Gildarts and Shanks. You have to be an idiot to not see the similarities between these two characters, in both appearance and their role in the story. Just looking at the appearance you can see they have similar clothes and a similar facial figure. Their hair color is also the same. They are both fatherly figures to the main character and both are seriously OP.

Another similarity is the rivalry between Zoro and Sanji vs the rivalry between Gray and Natsu. Both of these pairs insult the other on either their habits or appearance in a manner that is very identical. Natsu makes fun of Gray for striping and Gray makes fun of Natsu's hair. Zoro makes fun of Sanji's eyebrow as well as his pervertness and Sanji makes fun of Zoro's hair.

The three Fairy Tail spells are similar in sense to the three ancient weapons of One Piece. One small similarity between Fairy Glitter and Poseidon is the fact that two supporting female characters hold the power to it.

The Magic Council is almost identical to the World Government. All they way from the type of power they have in the series and their logos.

The timeskip that occurred right before a OP enemy completely destroys the main cast. Achnologia in the case of Fairy Tail and Kuma in the case of One Piece.

Now I'm not saying that Fairy Tail copied One Piece, I just find the similarities to be very interesting. There might be more but I can't recall them at the moment, tell me if you noticed anything similar in the two series in the comments below!!

Status
Not open for further replies.