Closed ᴘᴀʀᴀᴘʀᴏsᴅᴏᴋɪᴀɴ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkenstacker

Honorary Poster
Reaction
images-10.jpg

Paraprosdokian
: a figure of speech where the latter part of the phrase is humorously surprising or unexpected and causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. Enjoy these 10 examples to tickle your brain!
  1. Where there is a will, I want to be in it.
  2. The last thing I want to do is to hurt you, but it's still on my list.
  3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright — until you hear them speak.
  4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
  5. We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
  6. War does not determine who is right — only who is left.
  7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  8. To s†éál ideas from one person is plagiarism. To s†éál from many is research.
  9. I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
  10. In filling out an application, where it says "In case of emergency, notify," I put "Doctor."

Source: Grammarly (on Facebook), OnPasture.com

Last edited:
But generally, hope is the last thing everybody lose. Once you lose it, there is nothing more to lose.
That's true. Since Hope is a stubborn son of a bitch. It usually sticks to you, it claws, rips through your insides just to get by. It refuses to leave and it usually doesn't lighten the load of burden you feel. It only brings falsehood out of this harsh ****ed up reality. Something to smile on. But when that hope's shattered. You'll only be broken and wandering in the dark by yourself alone.

That's true. Since Hope is a stubborn son of a bitch. It usually sticks to you, it claws, rips through your insides just to get by. It refuses to leave and it usually doesn't lighten the load of burden you feel. It only brings falsehood out of this harsh ****ed up reality. Something to smile on. But when that hope's shattered. You'll only be broken and wandering in the dark by yourself alone.
A sad truth... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.