What's new

Popular Philippine Political Families Related to One Another

ARE THE PHILIPPINE POLITICAL FAMILIES RELATED TO ONE ANOTHER?

I did a simple search today and found out that Liza Araneta-Marcos (BBM's wife) and Greggy Araneta III (Irene Marcos' husband) are cousins of Mar Roxas. Sandro actually calls Mar, "Tito Mar".

In one of the previous interviews, BBM said he is long-time friends with Mar and they meet during reunions and other gatherings. Even though they belong to different political parties with opposing views, outside of politics they are friends and relatives.

I also read that Cory Aquino's brother, Pedro Cojuanco, married Rosario "Sari" Cacho. Sari Cojuanco is the aunt of Liza Araneta-Marcos (wife of BBM).

Interesting trivia: Pres. Ferdinand Marcos and Pres. Fidel Ramos are second cousins.

I also found a genealogy of Philippine presidents (attached). Somehow, the family trees of our presidents connect and overlap.

Does this mean Philippine politics is one big family affair? Family Feud?

O di ba, plot twist sa telenovela. 😂

So, to those who are blocking, unfriending, and disowning friends and relatives due to politics, remember that these politicians are friends and relatives when not in front of the media.

See the genealogy of Philippine presidents made by Todd Sales of Filipino Genealogy.

=====

c: Thea Tan FB

1DE04267-E765-4AC8-B1B6-D47792388511.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
This is real stone. Pagpalit-palitin mo man sila, iisang pamilya lang sila. Tayong mga Pilipino lamang ang sumisira sa isa't-isa kaya di tayo kailanman uunlad.

Yang nga ung sinasabi ko pilit nilang sinasabi na dilawan lng ang may kasalanan eh halos lahat naman yang pamilyang yan connected lol galit daw sa oligarch pucha asawa ng idol nila araneta lol

Back