Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleatrix

Forum Expert
Solutions
Reaction
phcorner_header_v2-png.251838

JPG vs. WebP Image Formats
There are several kinds of file formats for images on the web. Primarily, web developers use JPG and PNG image files, depending on the content of the image itself. However, Google has made a push recently to use a new format– called WebP– that is supposedly more efficient than JPG, yet still has the ability to have transparency. In other words, WebP is the best of both JPG and PNG file formats– but does it really reduce image file sizes?
----------------------------------------------
Since this article was written around 2013, and now as of 2017 there have been alot of sites thats been using the webp image format, the best thing about it is that it's much lower in size and has the same quality as a jpg/jpeg image, it is also preferred in websites like memecenter and 9gag since they mostly only host images, coz lower sized images = less processing stress on the server, and most of the browsers now are already webp compatible so no worries on that one.

so what does that have to do with photoshop? well.. naturally photoshop doesnt read webp image format out of the box, you could try and open this You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. of webp image into your photoshop and forcefully get to accept the dissapointment of photoshop not reading the image, no worries tho, no crashes will happen.
this is where the plugin comes in, not only you can now edit webp images, you can now also save your images in webp aswell. *sarcastic mindblown reaction*

want more proof and an image comparison? visit the link below.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD LINK
since the file is only around 300kb, i'll just attach it below
just follow the included "read me" text file inside.

~visit my other threads~

zpbhsu0-gif.251672

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back