What's new

Help Percentage need help

Trident_muh

Eternal Poster
I have set a minimum and maximum score for my scoring system here is the sample. Column A is the score, Column B is the minimum score and Column C is the maximum score. Column D will be the percentage

Column A (90), Column B (60), Column C (100) . now the percentage of it is 75%. the formula that i used is =(A1-B1)/(C1-B1)

Now if i set the Score to above the maximum which is 100 the percentage will exceed 100% what formula should i use or add to my current formula so that even if the score exceeds the maximum it will no exceed 100%.

Solution
To ensure that the percentage does not exceed 100% even if the score exceeds the maximum, you can modify your existing formula. Here's an updated formula that will limit the percentage to a maximum of 100%:

=MIN((A1-B1)/(C1-B1), 1)

The MIN function is used to compare the result of your original formula with 1 (which represents 100%). It will return the smaller value, ensuring that the percentage does not exceed 100%.

By using this modified formula, if the score exceeds the maximum, the percentage will still be capped at 100%.
To ensure that the percentage does not exceed 100% even if the score exceeds the maximum, you can modify your existing formula. Here's an updated formula that will limit the percentage to a maximum of 100%:

=MIN((A1-B1)/(C1-B1), 1)

The MIN function is used to compare the result of your original formula with 1 (which represents 100%). It will return the smaller value, ensuring that the percentage does not exceed 100%.

By using this modified formula, if the score exceeds the maximum, the percentage will still be capped at 100%.

Solution

=MIN((A1-B1)/(C1-B1), 1)

Thank you so much