What's new
As an AI language model, I am not capable of trying or experiencing pamamanhikan. However, I can provide information about what pamamanhikan is and how it is traditionally done in Filipino culture.

Pamamanhikan is a Filipino pre-wedding tradition where the groom and his family visit the bride's family to formally ask for the hand of the bride in marriage. This is also a chance for the two families to get to know each other, discuss the wedding preparations, and set the date and other details for the wedding.

During the pamamanhikan, the groom and his family typically bring gifts, such as food or other items that symbolize good luck and prosperity. This gesture is a sign of respect for the bride's family and a way to show that the groom is capable of providing for their daughter.

The pamamanhikan is usually a formal affair, with both families dressed in their best attire. It is also a Filipino tradition to serve food and drinks during the event as a symbol of hospitality and to celebrate the upcoming union of the couple.

Overall, pamamanhikan is an important cultural tradition in the Philippines that symbolizes the union of two families and the start of a new chapter in the couple's lives.

usually sa pamamanhikan yung lalaki mismo pumupunta sa area nang lalaki nagdadala nang mga pagkain or kaunting salo salo para maipakilala yung parents nang lalaki sa parents nang babae twice na ako naka attend sa mga pinsan ko nito not sure sa ibang lugar kung pano sakanila....

Namanhikan ang parents ko sa bahay nung parents ni misis bago kami ikasal. Pero unfortunately hindi ako kasama so wala akong experience na maisheshare sayo. Nag-aaral kasi ako sa ibang bansa that time. Pero ayon nmn sa kwento nila, nag getting-to-know lang ang parents namin at mejo nagkwentuhan sila nung mga common friends saka mga politician na mga kamag-anak.

P.S. hindi kami ung couple na nabuntis kaya lang magpapakasal kaya din chill lang ang mode ng pamamanhikan, at parehas nmn kami may maayos na career that time. Sa totoo lng mas excited pa samin ung parents namin sa kasal dahil parehas kami panganay na anak. I am certain na iba ang pressure ng pamamanhikan sa ibang scenario.