What's new

Open Letter to Someone Battling Self-Worth

twistingkabute

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
If you will, please consider this an open letter to anyone currently battling self-worth.

I see you. You’re the person who finds it hard to love and accept yourself for who you are. You’re the person who never feels like you’re good enough, smart enough, or pretty enough. I see you, the person who feels less than those around them.

I see you.

I feel you. I’ve been you.

To the person who battles with self-worth.

You are perfect. You are perfect and there is nothing you can think, say or do that can make you feel any less inferior, less worthy, or less deserving than those around you.

Understand this. Everyone is lovable, including you.

I am in no position to judge you for the sins of your past or the number of times you have failed. I don’t care how much you weigh or the wrong that you have done against others, though I pray you to recognize it.

What I know is that you’re worthy of love, compassion, and forgiveness and you are worthy of joy and freedom from all that is holding you, prisoner.
You were born worthy, and there is no one on Earth who can take that away from you.

You are the ONLY one who can take that away from you.

We are all here fighting the same battles and trying our darnedest to live our best possible life.

Stop being so hard on yourself.

Stop seeking the approval of others. Stop seeking worth and love from others. Love yourself. Know your worth.

You are worthy. You always have been.

Self-worth isn’t something to work towards, but rather it’s something to uncover and come back to.

You need to let go of the toxic beliefs that no longer serve you in a healthy way and come back to the self-love that is buried deep within. It’s been there. It always has been, but when you were faced with adversity time and time throughout the years, you buried it deep within. You need to release the burdening thoughts, situations, and experiences that have been holding you, prisoner, all these years. Your past doesn’t define you nor should it continue to burden and hinder your future.

You are not broken. Let me repeat it for the people in the back. You are not broken.

You just remember who you were before the world told you who you should be.

Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” -Charles Bukowski.

Back