What's new

My thoughts on Noragami (and maybe i can convince you to watch it!)

Noragami is one of those animes that has a good amount of people who knows it but given how great the anime is and how the viewers endlessly praise it for its good story and characters(and the animation as well) the recognition is not enough and i think more people should experience watching this, i swear :love: Nuod po kayo!

Genre: Shounen, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy

Synopsis:

200.gif
In times of need, if you look in the right place, you just may see a strange telephone number scrawled in red. If you call this number, you will hear a young man introduce himself as the Yato God.

Yato is a minor deity and a self-proclaimed "Delivery God," who dreams of having millions of worshippers. Without a single shrine dedicated to his name, however, his goals are far from being realized. He spends his days doing odd jobs for five yen apiece, until his weapon partner becomes fed up with her useless master and deserts him.

Just as things seem to be looking grim for the god, his fortune changes when a middle school girl, Hiyori Iki, supposedly saves Yato from a car accident, taking the hit for him. Remarkably, she survives, but the event has caused her soul to become loose and hence able to leave her body. Hiyori demands that Yato return her to normal, but upon learning that he needs a new partner to do so, reluctantly agrees to help him find one. And with Hiyori's help, Yato's luck may finally be turning around.

[synopsis from MyAnimelist]

It may not have been that long since i entered the world of animes and mangas but i can say that among all the ones that i watched, Noragami is one of them that lives my in my mind rent free(season 3, when😭) and although you may think the premise doesn't really stand out, please keep on scrolling as i rave to you all the things that i love about it!

08ddbe78-b74e-46a7-b410-ae0aa17727fb.jpg

The trio! (from left to right: Yukine, Yato, Hiyori)
I cannot with these three! I became more and more attached to them as the story goes deep.:love: I think this is the main reason why i love Noragami; because of the characters. I love how well, by the way I see it, flawed they are, relatable at some times, and very capable of making bad decisions(and trying to make things straight again) i just love the friendship and how well fleshed-out the characters are even the minor ones! And i mean, they're extremely hilarious too, you'll laugh out loud.

Honorable mentions:

__bishamonten_noragami__5485cbca59a38e4a82d7db5659310e7f.png

Bishamonten

i mean look at her, she is gorgeous! she is gorgeous, powerful but above all that, i really love how strong minded she is and her background story😭 i got tears in my eyes, why am i crying!?!

images.jpg
5c8648199b38d0853d02bee90bcecf63.jpg

if you didn't notice it, this is yato with his iconic cat face and yato when he was called the god of calamity.

the duality of this man is unnerving like how is this the same person!?! I tell you, if you see these two sides of Yato...... omg i'm out of words. Oh! and the sweatsuit and scarf?🤣 you'll think what the heck is he wearing? i thought so too, but honestly he's the only person(oops it's god) that will look good from it!

images (1).jpg
5200.gif

Fight scenes

I mean, the background music, the animation, the design is on point! I really love the neon colors as well and i think that's what i can say about it

200.gif

? 200.gifwe should all be unanimous on this one. The background music on this one is catchy and very Yato! The weapon, the catchphrase, and Yato himself, a must watch! I really enjoy this scene whenever it comes.

12137_5.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
cursed spirits(or what they call phantoms)

i really love the voice distortions and layering for the phantoms! it created such eerie effect and also, the background music for the fight scenes is perfecto!(how many times did i say this already🤣)

The anime's OP song

200.gif

Noragami OP song: https://www.YøùTùbé.com/watch?v=gWCnKoEgfP0
Noragami Aragoto(season 2) OP song: https://www.YøùTùbé.com/watch?v=aZenmeRytEM

i mean, this two songs were the first op song that i really really loved the music is so "gangsta" and cool makes you feel like you're the main character.😍 It was on my playlist for a good amount of time and well not an apt lullaby song but i even listen to it before sleeping!

200.giffor 5 yen you'll be able to call for a service from Yato! I always wonder tho why it's only 5 yen but maybe that's how he reels in customers?
MV5BNDk1NjM0NTc2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTIwMDYzODE@._V1_.jpg
lonely boy and his bottle of 5 yens
7ff0f66820c0684cea4adf16718ad838.jpg
200.gifhmmmm? curious? hint: i bawled my eyes out on this one😭
Nora.png
she's(her name's nora) probably one of the characters that i have a mix feeling about....should i like her or just altogether, hate her?
anime-and-manga-facts-about-yukine-from-noragami.jpg
Yukine is a character i am annoyed at, first because of his personality. Rebellious and immature but as i go far to his story this lad is just..... he is the character with the most character development in the anime as well!
7ssIwJIam27EY1ZC8ia3ykDAw0zFWUKfwbIMo5dcH6Q.jpg
if i'm not mistaken this one is from Noragami Aragoto episode 5 and my oh my, tell me i'm not the only one who cried? Like why do i always say that i cried when this supposed to be shounen? i cry even at the most unecessary thing so please don't mind me😂
62922ad826c87c4e66b39c843066b979.jpg
images (2).jpg
probably my most favorite outfits of Bishamon😍i'm in love😍you might as well give bishamon rags to wear and she'll still look great on it
noragami-gods-and-their-connections-to-japanese-mythology.png
realized i didn't rave them enough here so from left to right: ebisu & daikoku
one of the most dependable regalias ever in the story next to kazuma and yukine (regalias are the so called "weapons" of the gods and they change alternately from their weapon form and human form, they're souls/spirits in which had an unjust death.)
speaking of kazuma and regalias i might as well place him here:
Kazuma_(Anime).png
1spnf26.png
Kazuma is one of the many(and when i say many there's a huge number of them) regalias of Bishamon, the most loyal one out of them and this man here is the man of your dreams but will just stay as a dream because there's no any other Kazuma and the most painful truth: he's not real😭
noragami-yato-hiyori-iki-yaboku-Favim.com-3804555.jpg
this "okairi" and "dadaima" will never be the same for me ever after i watched this scene,,,please do me a favor and cry with me😭p.s. not a shoujo story

to end this post:
200.gifthis one here is what convinced me that this is worth watching, this is what i took me to finally push myself to watch this and i think that's the proudest thing i've ever done in a while now🤣

i'll just say that the ending for season 2 was such a cliffhanger...... i mean what!?! i refuse to accept that that's it. I should probably read the manga now.....

Please share your thoughts about Noragami as well! I love to talk about it since i just love the series, it warms my heart and i would love to chat about all things Noragami! please add something if you want to, but that's it for now! I hope you're convinced.🥰

Attachments

Sa YøùTùbé recommendation ko to nakita kasi hinahanap ko OP characters haha. Unang panood ko pa lang sa ep.1 dropped na agad pero buti nalang pinanood ko ulit at nagandahan sa character development. At yun isa na sa top anime ko and favorite MC. 😁

Sa Y⊕ùTùbé recommendation ko to nakita kasi hinahanap ko OP characters haha. Unang panood ko pa lang sa ep.1 dropped na agad pero buti nalang pinanood ko ulit at nagandahan sa character development. At yun isa na sa top anime ko and favorite MC. 😁
uyyyy mabuti naman and binigyan mo nang second chance 😍 naiintindihan ko naman na at some certain point na magiging boring siya para sa iba kasi sa totoo lang yung story(yung cursed spirits tapos sa kung paano nila sugpuin) hindi naman siya bago o talagang groundbreaking pero yung characters at yung plotline altogether ang ganda lang talaga😍 tapos yung kanta pa ang ganda din😭 don ko lang din nareliaze na ang charming pala ng mga op songs(march ako nag-umpisang manood ng anime) i'm glad you enjoyed it! nice pfp by the way!:love:

one of the best anime i ever watch ts ivir
ayos! :love: kahit bago palang ako sa anime world sa tingin ko sa lahat ng mga napanuod kong anime kabilang to sa mga pinakanagustuhan ko, mabuti at naenjoy mo!:giggle: sana may season 3 kahit parang malabo nang magkaroon:cry:

No offense, but for me, marami pang anime na worth it sa oras niyo kesa noragami. Just like: Death Note, Code Geass, Erased, etc.

No offense, but for me, marami pang anime na worth it sa oras niyo kesa noragami. Just like: Death Note, Code Geass, Erased, etc.
hello! ang mga nabanggit mong mga anime ay hindi ko pa napapanuod unfortunately pero narinig ko na rin sila everywhere kaya papanoorin ko talaga sooner or later, salamat sa recommendation😍nakakalungkot dahil hindi tayo pareho ng opinyon tungkol dito😭pero naiintindihan din naman kita dahil ang mediocore ng plot kung tutuusin.....ganyunpaman salamat sa iyong saloobin😀