What's new

My General Investment Strategy

cryogenix

Forum Guru
Reaction
Not really a tutorial and definitely not a financial advise.

This is my investment routine through which I have found financial freedom and live comfortably.

Salary Monthly Budgeting:
1. Stocks (PSEI) - 25%
Long term strat:
Buy SM with at least 10 shares.
The remaining from the 25%, divide with buying JFC, URC, ALI, BDO

2. AIA Insurance ρrémíùm (ρáíd annually but is calculated here per month) - 12%
My policy has investments included so I treat this as something of a valuable asset as well. I am paying this in SGD so when my fund matures, I will be getting SGD as well.

3. Stocks (E-Toro, Nasdaq) - 5%
Long term strat as well just buying Tesla, Google, and copy-trading some mid-risk traders.

4. Crypto - 3%
Letting my little brother pilot some e-games like Cryptoblades and Ni No Kuni

5. The remaining 55% is for personal expenses. Much of which are spent using my no-annual fee credit card so I can redeem credit rebates from points accumulated around PHP 2k every 5-6 months. I always pay in full every due date so the bank wouldn’t charge me interest. So in perspective, they pay me instead for using their card.

And that’s basically it.

Last edited:
Nice. Marunong pla kayo din ng stock market... add ko lang din po ung mga ETF lalo na ngaun bear market, its good to invest and accumulate..

Nice. Marunong pla kayo din ng stock market... add ko lang din po ung mga ETF lalo na ngaun bear market, its good to invest and accumulate..
Yes po. My first time putting my money to work was when I learned about PSEi during my mid 20s hehe. The only regret I had was that I wish I learned it as soon as I landed my 1st job haha. Back then I was only able to buy a few JFCs now and then. And now I steadily accumulate the big 5.

Boss pwede po ba i-ask anong cc yung no annual fee? Medyo papunta na rin kasi ako sa adulting stage haha nagpprep lang

Boss pwede po ba i-ask anong cc yung no annual fee? Medyo papunta na rin kasi ako sa adulting stage haha nagpprep lang
I have Citi Rewards. Pero usually you get denied for this kapag nagsisimula ka pa lang. They will offer you City Simplicity as a start.

Do try: AUB for your starting no annual fee card and build a good credit score.

Here's my CC strategy: Treat it as your ATM.

Meaning: Kung ano lang ang laman ng atm mo for the month, yung lang ang gagastusin mo sa CC mo for the month. Para at the end of the month, sure ka na mababayaran mo in full.

This way, the bank doesn't really earn from you by charging you with interest rates. Instead, ikaw pa kikita sa kanila because you are earning reward points in which, you can exchange for cash rebates every now and then.

I have Citi Rewards. Pero usually you get denied for this kapag nagsisimula ka pa lang. They will offer you City Simplicity as a start.

Do try: AUB for your starting no annual fee card and build a good credit score.

Here's my CC strategy: Treat it as your ATM.

Meaning: Kung ano lang ang laman ng atm mo for the month, yung lang ang gagastusin mo sa CC mo for the month. Para at the end of the month, sure ka na mababayaran mo in full.

This way, the bank doesn't really earn from you by charging you with interest rates. Instead, ikaw pa kikita sa kanila because you are earning reward points in which, you can exchange for cash rebates every now and then.
I want to learn more from you....

I use the Magic 10 method from DailyPik as my humble starting ground. Pero I stick with the Big 5 and not gamble much on the others.

Example: Monthly Salary 100k

Stocks allocation: 25k per month

Buy: SM (around 8-10k for 10 shares)
Remaining 15k:
Buy JFC, BDO, ALI, URC

Average annual growth: 7% minimum
Harvest time: 10 years pero I plan to keep it rolling until my future kid goes to college or whatever. As long as I am a salary man, I will add to my portfolio.

Reference: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.