What's new

Help Lock certain sheet

Trident_muh

Eternal Poster
I have a googlespreadsheet title (Monthly data) in that spreadsheet consist of weekly data. Week 1, week 2, week 3, and final week. another one is weekly summary. now i want my weekly summary sheet to be lock for viewing only the week 1,2,3 etc is allowed for view. how can i lock the weekly summary for viewing.

Solution
To lock the "Weekly Summary" sheet for viewing only, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your Google Spreadsheet titled "Monthly Data".
2. Click on the sheet tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet that says "Weekly Summary" to open that sheet.
3. Go to the "Data" menu at the top of the spreadsheet and select "Protect sheets and ranges".
4. In the sidebar that appears on the right, click on the "Set Permissions" button.
5. In the "Set Permissions" dialog box, under "Restrict who can edit this range", select the option "Only you" (or your preferred level of access).
6. Make sure the checkboxes under "Restrict who can view this range" are unchecked, allowing anyone with access to the spreadsheet to view the "Weekly Summary" sheet.
7. Click...
To lock the "Weekly Summary" sheet for viewing only, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your Google Spreadsheet titled "Monthly Data".
2. Click on the sheet tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet that says "Weekly Summary" to open that sheet.
3. Go to the "Data" menu at the top of the spreadsheet and select "Protect sheets and ranges".
4. In the sidebar that appears on the right, click on the "Set Permissions" button.
5. In the "Set Permissions" dialog box, under "Restrict who can edit this range", select the option "Only you" (or your preferred level of access).
6. Make sure the checkboxes under "Restrict who can view this range" are unchecked, allowing anyone with access to the spreadsheet to view the "Weekly Summary" sheet.
7. Click on the "Done" button to save the changes.

Now, the "Weekly Summary" sheet will be locked for editing, but visible to anyone who has access to the spreadsheet.

Solution