What's new

Less known Filipino basketball/soccer legends

Jugoball

Leecher
Reaction
Hello friends, I'm researching information for a project/potential book. Can anyone share names of Filipino grassroots basketball or soccer/football legends? I know some of the legends of the PBL, but am wondering if there are some more grassroots/local/regional players that didn't have serious professional careers but that people still know well and have meant something to the sport in the country. Maybe streetball players, or something like this. Or is the PBL the main source for serious talent?

Separately, which national-team players have mean't most to people over the years? Are there some that are more or most iconic?

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask - new to the forum. And thanks in advance for any help!

any country po gusto mo? baka maka tolong ako sa soccer/football po. sa local players lang po hindi ako kabisado but foreign players maka tolong ako kahit hindi lahat legend players.

any country po gusto mo? baka maka tolong ako sa soccer/football po. sa local players lang po hindi ako kabisado but foreign players maka tolong ako kahit hindi lahat legend players.
Thank you for the reply Sakura Lee. I'm looking for information on Filipino players specifically. Local/regional/national legends that maybe not everyone knows. For example, I found information on national basketball team legends and PBL legends like Caloy Loyzaga, Robert Jaworski, Ramon Fernandez, etc. But wondering if there are any non-pros that have grown a following over the years in the grassroots scene.

Thanks in advance!