What's new

SitoyKamo

Addict
I want to add another Vendo(coinslot) to other parts in my barangay. It would be bridged connected to my Mikrotik Hex router through one of the APs of the router. I just want to know if it is possible for me to have two coinslot or more in one network (No Vlan).

Yes, it is possible to have multiple coin slots connected to your MikroTik Hex router without using VLANs. In this scenario, you can set up a bridged connection between the coin slots and your router's APs.

To accomplish this, follow these steps:

1. Connect the first coin slot to one of the LAN ports on your router. Ensure that the coin slot is properly configured and can communicate with the router.

2. Connect the second coin slot to another LAN port on the same router. Similarly, ensure that it is configured correctly and can communicate with the router.

3. By default, MikroTik routers have a bridge interface called "bridge." You can use this existing bridge or create a new one specifically for the coin slots.

4. To add the LAN ports to the bridge, go to the "Interfaces" menu in the router's web interface. Select the two LAN ports connected to the coin slots and add them to the bridge interface.

5. Configure the IP address and DHCP settings for the bridge interface. This ensures that the coin slots are in the same network as the router and can communicate with other devices on the network.

6. Finally, configure the wireless APs on your router to broadcast the same SSID and security settings. This way, both APs provide the same network connectivity to the coin slots.

By following these steps, you can have multiple coin slots connected to your MikroTik Hex router without using VLANs. However, keep in mind that all devices connected to the router will be on the same network and have the same access privileges.

Back