What's new

Closed Jesus is our high priest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayie

Honorary Poster
Reaction
454826216.jpg
A high priest represents the people, for the benefit of the people, to God. A prophet represents God, for God, to the people. Everything in ancient Israel hinged on the high priest. If the high priest dies, Israel could look forward to a bad year. If the high priest comes out, Israel could look forward to a blessed year. If the high priest is good and the people are bad, the people will be accepted. But if the high priest is bad and the people are good, the people will be rejected. The entire standing of the people is wrapped up in the standing of the high priest. The problem with a mortal high priest is that the good ones eventually die and there is a chance that a bad one may succeed him. Jesus is our High Priest forever!

Exodus 28:11-12 - Shoulders speaks of strength. Jesus carries you with His strength.

“With the work of an engraver in stone, like the engravings of a signet, you shall engrave the two stones with the names of the sons of Israel. You shall set them in settings of gold. And you shall put the two stones on the shoulders of the ephod as memorial stones for the sons of Israel. So Aaron shall bear their names before the LORD on his two shoulders as a memorial.” (Exodus 28:11-12 NKJV)

Luke 15:4-7 - Jesus will look for His one sheep UNTIL He finds it. He is the only Shepherd who will do that.
Shoulders represents strength.
The New Testament teaching of repentance - how can a sheep repent? Just by consenting to be loved by the Shepherd.
Just by consenting to be loved by Jesus, we are repenting.

““What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:4-7 NKJV)

Isaiah 9:6 - It only takes one shoulder for Jesus to carry the entire universe.
But to redeem us, Jesus carries us on both of His shoulders - God holds nothing back in saving us.

“For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6 NKJV)

Exodus 28:29 - God does this for the satisfaction of His love. We are constantly in God's heart.

““So Aaron shall bear the names of the sons of Israel on the breastplate of judgment over his heart, when he goes into the holy place, as a memorial before the LORD continually.” (Exodus 28:29 NKJV)

Hebrews 10:19-22 - God is light. When God's light shines on the jewels on the High Priest's breastplate, they reflect back God's light.
When we come into God's presence, we reflect God's light and glory in our lives! God wants us to stay in His presence.
When we come to Him, it is a new and living way. The more we come to God, the more we live and the more life we have!

“Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:19-22 NKJV)

At the cross, Jesus cried out "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?".
He never addressed God as "God" except at the cross - He always addressed God as "My Father".
He did that so that we can cry out "My Father, My Father, why have you so blessed me?"

Exodus 28:30 - The Urim and the Thummim are IN the breastplate of judgment. It is hard to lean on your own ****** - self-effort doesn't work.
When you lean on Jesus' ******, you are listening to the heartbeat of heaven. Love is true holiness. We love because He first loved us.
The Urim and the Thummim are used to seek God's guidance - for example: when the king wanted to find out whether to pursue Israel's enemy or not.
Urim means "lights" and Thummim means "guidance".
There are two possible answers: Radaph means "pursue". Lo means "no".
The light will shine on the breastplate and reflect the words, providing the answer.
If you want God's guidance, your eyes must be on Jesus and on His love (represented by the placement of the Urim and the Thummim near the heart).

“And you shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim, and they shall be over Aaron’s heart when he goes in before the LORD. So Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the LORD continually.” (Exodus 28:30 NKJV)

Anyone can preach the Law - do good get good, do bad get bad. Anyone can preach that! But to preach grace, it takes the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 1:13 - A girdle is worn by a servant. Even though Jesus is now high and lifted up, He still wants to serve you.

“and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.” (Revelation 1:13 NKJV)

Martha was busy in the kitchen trying to serve Jesus and ended up coming out angry. She blamed both Jesus and Mary.
Mary just sat at Jesus' feet, drawing from Jesus' fullness. Which sister made Jesus feel like God?
Mary did the one thing that was needful. Mary ended up doing the right thing at the right time. She anointed Him in time for His burial.

John 13:3-5 - The proud can't serve - only the humble can. Only the proud are insecure.
In all His power and authority, Jesus still wants to serve us.

“Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.” (John 13:3-5 NKJV)

956918059.jpg
God is light. When God's light shines on the jewels on the High Priest's breastplate, they reflect back God's light. When we come into God's presence, we reflect God's light and glory in our lives! God wants us to stay in His presence. When we come to Him, it is a new and living way. The more we come to God, the more we live and the more life we have!

Stay Blessed!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.