What's new

Help Is it worth it to upgrade an old mac book air late 2010

Even if i am not using Mac, my first thinking was a big "NO" 😁. Why because ang Mac is kilala sa notorious na mahal ang mga piyesa, upgrades or any accessories 😅. Then di mo rin yan magagamit ng matagal dahil sa continues update ng mga hardware, os etc 😅. I choose to buy na lang, di ako nagtataka when an old model of apple products is sobrang cheap pag ibenta sa market kasi nga mahal ang mga upgrades 😁.

IMHO, it's better to sell it. Use the money that will come from the sale (and add to it) and get yourself a more recent/updated model instead.

This is a much better option especially if you are planning to use it for long-term work/projects. 🤠

as of now, its still working fine and very usable. but of course there are instances that it slows down. I got a quotation to upgrade SSD for 5k

You should weigh the cost and benefit between upgrade vs new purchase.

With a new purchase, you get better hardware specs & better software support. In a way it also makes your device future-proof compared to your old 2010 model. You may be spending more by going this route, but I believe it will all be worth it.

With your old model, you can upgrade only as much as your old hardware allows. Ultimately when it reaches its EOL, this means the company (Apple) ends official support, will no longer be provided technical help and hardware replacement parts/repairs/upgrades will be a challenge for you.

Like I previously said, if you are planning to use a laptop for long-term work/projects, it's better to sell and purchase a newer/updated model. But if you are on a budget and you think you can squeeze out and extend its life a bit more, then go ahead and proceed with just an upgrade. 🤠

Last edited: