What's new

Cee Jay

🧿 𝕾𝖔𝖚𝖑 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖊 🧿
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction
Many people say "be very thankful kasi may work ka that helps you pay for your bills and your vices, at nakakapagbigay ka rin sa parents mo from time to time". In other words, "mapalad ka raw kung may trabaho ka".

Is that it? Mapalad ka pa rin bang masasabi kung may work ka nga pero palagi ka namang overworked at pagod tapos pakiramdam mong hindi na worth-it yung sahod mo? Araw-araw kang nai-stress dahil sa mga kaganapan sa opisina. Andiyan na yung nako-callout ka at napapagalitan ka ng boss mo dahils sa performance mo. There are things that one cannot control naman talaga when it comes to maintaining good metrics. Kasi if mataas metrics mo in the past few months then biglang bumubulusok metrics mo this month ay talaga namang nakatuon sa'yo ang mata nila. They keep asking you "why?" Nakaka-pressure. Yung lagi na lang ikaw yung binabantayan. They thought that by doing so ay maagapan ang kung anuman ang reason, but NO... it's not like that. Kung lagi silang nakabantay ay mas lalo kang nape-pressure.. and it will cause you more anxiety and trouble kasi alam mong sa'yo sila nakabantay.

Worth it pa ba ang 12K to 17K per cutoff kung sobrang bigat na sa pakiramdam ang trabaho?

Should I stay, or should I go and look for another opportunity?

image.png

It's understandable to feel overwhelmed and stressed out in a job that's taking a toll on your well-being. While having a job that pays for your bills and allows you to give back to your parents is a privilege, it doesn't mean that you should continue to tolerate a toxic work environment.

It's essential to take care of your mental and emotional health, and if your job is causing more harm than good, it's time to reassess your options. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of staying in your current job. Think about the impact it's having on your overall well-being and how it's affecting your personal life.

If you're feeling undervalued and unappreciated at work, it's understandable why you're questioning whether or not it's still worth it. It's vital to remember that you deserve to work in an environment that allows you to grow and feel fulfilled. If you're not finding that in your current job, it may be time to consider exploring other opportunities.

Before making any rash decisions, it's important to assess your goals and priorities. Ask yourself what you want to achieve in your career and how your current job aligns with those aspirations. If you're not satisfied with your current position, start exploring other job opportunities in your field or industry. Reach out to your network, update your resume, and start applying to positions that align with your goals.

Ultimately, only you can decide whether or not it's worth it to stay in your current job. However, It's important to remember that your well-being should always come first. Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith and explore other opportunities that could lead to a more fulfilling career.

It's understandable to feel overwhelmed and stressed out in a job that's taking a toll on your well-being. While having a job that pays for your bills and allows you to give back to your parents is a privilege, it doesn't mean that you should continue to tolerate a toxic work environment.
It's not really toxic.. it's just tiring.
It's essential to take care of your mental and emotional health, and if your job is causing more harm than good, it's time to reassess your options. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of staying in your current job. Think about the impact it's having on your overall well-being and how it's affecting your personal life.
I have thought it over and over and over again. I'm not happy anymore.
If you're feeling undervalued and unappreciated at work, it's understandable why you're questioning whether or not it's still worth it. It's vital to remember that you deserve to work in an environment that allows you to grow and feel fulfilled. If you're not finding that in your current job, it may be time to consider exploring other opportunities.

Before making any rash decisions, it's important to assess your goals and priorities. Ask yourself what you want to achieve in your career and how your current job aligns with those aspirations. If you're not satisfied with your current position, start exploring other job opportunities in your field or industry. Reach out to your network, update your resume, and start applying to positions that align with your goals.

Ultimately, only you can decide whether or not it's worth it to stay in your current job. However, It's important to remember that your well-being should always come first. Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith and explore other opportunities that could lead to a more fulfilling career.
I have been offered different higher positions before but I turned them down because I know I am not fit for the position. It's either I am not fit for the job, or it's because I can't imagine how tiring it is to be in that job position.

It's not really toxic.. it's just tiring.

Even if the work environment is not toxic, feeling constantly exhausted and overworked can still negatively impact your overall well-being. It can lead to burnout, decreased productivity, and a lack of motivation to perform well on the job.

It's essential to prioritize your mental and physical health. If you're feeling overwhelmed and exhausted at work, it may be time to reassess your workload and see if there are ways to make it more manageable. Consider speaking with your supervisor about your workload and see if there are ways to delegate tasks or adjust deadlines.

If you've already tried to make adjustments and the workload is still too much, it may be time to consider exploring other job opportunities that align more with your personal and professional goals. It's okay to prioritize your well-being and seek out a job that allows you to feel fulfilled and energized.

I have thought it over and over and over again. I'm not happy anymore.
If you're not happy anymore, it's important to take steps to prioritize your well-being and explore other job opportunities that may be a better fit for you. This may involve updating your resume, reaching out to your network, and actively applying to job openings that align with your personal and professional goals.

It's important to remember that your well-being should always come first. While having a job that pays the bills and supports your family is important, it's not worth sacrificing your happiness and overall well-being. Taking the leap to explore other job opportunities may be scary, but it can also lead to a more fulfilling and satisfying career.

I have been offered different higher positions before but I turned them down because I know I am not fit for the position. It's either I am not fit for the job, or it's because I can't imagine how tiring it is to be in that job position.
It's important to acknowledge your strengths and limitations when considering job opportunities. While it's great to challenge yourself and step outside of your comfort zone, taking on a job that you're not fully prepared for or that will cause undue stress and exhaustion may not be worth it in the long run.

It's important to find a job that aligns with your skills, interests, and personal goals. If you're not interested in taking on a higher position or if you know that it will be too tiring or overwhelming for you, that's okay. It's important to find a job that allows you to feel fulfilled and energized, rather than drained and burnt out.

If you're not interested in taking on higher positions within your current company, it may be time to explore other job opportunities that are better suited to your strengths and interests. This may involve researching job openings, networking with professionals in your field, and updating your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills and experiences.

Remember, your career is a journey and it's okay to take your time to find a job that you truly enjoy and that allows you to thrive both professionally and personally.

Even if the work environment is not toxic, feeling constantly exhausted and overworked can still negatively impact your overall well-being. It can lead to burnout, decreased productivity, and a lack of motivation to perform well on the job.
Well, it seems you're right. This is exactly what I feel right now.
It's okay to prioritize your well-being and seek out a job that allows you to feel fulfilled and energized.
If you're not happy anymore, it's important to take steps to prioritize your well-being and explore other job opportunities that may be a better fit for you. This may involve updating your resume, reaching out to your network, and actively applying to job openings that align with your personal and professional goals.
Do you mean changing career path?
It's important to remember that your well-being should always come first. While having a job that pays the bills and supports your family is important, it's not worth sacrificing your happiness and overall well-being. Taking the leap to explore other job opportunities may be scary, but it can also lead to a more fulfilling and satisfying career.
I don't know. I am not really scared of exploring other opportunities, either within my current company or with any other company. I am considering my tenure as well. I have been with this company for almost 3 years now. It's hard to leave knowing the fact that I have made friends and there's just too much to of a burden to just leave them behind.
It's important to acknowledge your strengths and limitations when considering job opportunities. While it's great to challenge yourself and step outside of your comfort zone, taking on a job that you're not fully prepared for or that will cause undue stress and exhaustion may not be worth it in the long run.

It's important to find a job that aligns with your skills, interests, and personal goals. If you're not interested in taking on a higher position or if you know that it will be too tiring or overwhelming for you, that's okay. It's important to find a job that allows you to feel fulfilled and energized, rather than drained and burnt out.

If you're not interested in taking on higher positions within your current company, it may be time to explore other job opportunities that are better suited to your strengths and interests. This may involve researching job openings, networking with professionals in your field, and updating your resume and cover letter to highlight your skills and experiences.

Remember, your career is a journey and it's okay to take your time to find a job that you truly enjoy and that allows you to thrive both professionally and personally.
I'll keep this in mind.

Well, it seems you're right. This is exactly what I feel right now.

It's important to prioritize your well-being and seek out a job that allows you to feel fulfilled and energized.

Do you mean changing career path?

I don't know. I am not really scared of exploring other opportunities, either within my current company or with any other company. I am considering my tenure as well. I have been with this company for almost 3 years now. It's hard to leave knowing the fact that I have made friends and there's just too much to of a burden to just leave them behind.
It's understandable to feel hesitant about leaving a company where you've built relationships and have tenure. However, it's important to prioritize your career growth and overall well-being.

If you're interested in exploring other opportunities within your current company, consider speaking with your supervisor or HR department about potential positions that align with your skills and interests. This can be a great way to continue building relationships within the company while also pursuing a more fulfilling job.

If you're interested in exploring opportunities with other companies, it's important to update your resume and cover letter and start networking with professionals in your field. This can help you learn about new job openings and connect with individuals who can offer guidance and support during the job search process.

Ultimately, only you can decide what's best for your career and well-being. However, it's important to remember that a job should be more than just a way to pay the bills. It should also be a source of fulfillment and personal growth. Don't be afraid to take the leap and explore new opportunities that align with your goals and interests.

I'll keep this in mind.
Great! Remember to prioritize your well-being and career growth, and don't be afraid to explore new opportunities that align with your goals and interests. Good luck!

Many people say "be very thankful kasi may work ka that helps you pay for your bills and your vices, at nakakapagbigay ka rin sa parents mo from time to time". In other words, "mapalad ka raw kung may trabaho ka".

Is that it? Mapalad ka pa rin bang masasabi kung may work ka nga pero palagi ka namang overworked at pagod tapos pakiramdam mong hindi na worth-it yung sahod mo? Araw-araw kang nai-stress dahil sa mga kaganapan sa opisina. Andiyan na yung nako-callout ka at napapagalitan ka ng boss mo dahils sa performance mo. There are things that one cannot control naman talaga when it comes to maintaining good metrics. Kasi if mataas metrics mo in the past few months then biglang bumubulusok metrics mo this month ay talaga namang nakatuon sa'yo ang mata nila. They keep asking you "why?" Nakaka-pressure. Yung lagi na lang ikaw yung binabantayan. They thought that by doing so ay maagapan ang kung anuman ang reason, but NO... it's not like that. Kung lagi silang nakabantay ay mas lalo kang nape-pressure.. and it will cause you more anxiety and trouble kasi alam mong sa'yo sila nakabantay.

Worth it pa ba ang 12K to 17K per cutoff kung sobrang bigat na sa pakiramdam ang trabaho?

Should I stay, or should I go and look for another opportunity?

I want to say that your feelings are valid and I understand and sympathize with you.

There are several points na gusto ko i-point sa post mo:

1. Be grateful and thankful everyday. Start your day being grateful kasi I believe na kung ano ang parati mong iniisip yan ang ina-attract mo and yan ang mag-i-stay sa utak mo. If grateful ka, makikita mo ang mga things na dapat mong ipagpasalamat everyday. In terms of having a work, mapalad ka kasi marami ring naghahanap ng trabaho ngayon pero nahihirapan sila.

2. About stress and pressure. Evaluate yourself and take action on things or situation brings you stress or pressure. Take things slowly din, focus on one thing at a time na kailangan mong i-improve. If you can't change the situation, maybe the situation is trying to change you. In addition, take time to rest, find a quiet time or something na mare-relax ka. I encountered something like earlier this year, I was so down, I doubted myself, and I was feeling unmotivated then I tried things na makakabalik sa passion and drive ko sa sarili ko. I surrounded myself with friends, read books, watched movies, engaged in activities, I rested, basta I did things na makakapagpasaya sa akin, and now I'm back on track.

3. There is no one stopping you to look for another opportunity. You can do anything you set your mind into. Also, always learn and upskill para relevant parati ang skills and knowledge mo. If there is another open opportunity na when you weigh in on all the factors namas better sa current work mo then better grab the chance.

ako nga nahirapan din noong under ako sa agency, sobrang baba magpasahod dahil malayo yung dineploy sakin. mukhang malapit din pero sa infrastructure doon at sa mabigat na traffic at pahirapan din ang pag commute doon. kaya umalis na lang ako dahil sa baba ng sahod at hirap kung saan nila ako nilagay

ako nga nahirapan din noong under ako sa agency, sobrang baba magpasahod dahil malayo yung dineploy sakin. mukhang malapit din pero sa infrastructure doon at sa mabigat na traffic at pahirapan din ang pag commute doon. kaya umalis na lang ako dahil sa baba ng sahod at hirap kung saan nila ako nilagay

Example naman ito ng know your worth. 😁

I want to say that your feelings are valid and I understand and sympathize with you.
Thank you.
There are several points na gusto ko i-point sa post mo:

1. Be grateful and thankful everyday. Start your day being grateful kasi I believe na kung ano ang parati mong iniisip yan ang ina-attract mo and yan ang mag-i-stay sa utak mo. If grateful ka, makikita mo ang mga things na dapat mong ipagpasalamat everyday. In terms of having a work, mapalad ka kasi marami ring naghahanap ng trabaho ngayon pero nahihirapan sila.
When it comes to the idea na maraming nahihirapan na maghanap ng trabaho, I can consider myself lucky and I am grateful for that. Nahihirapan na lang talaga akong i-drive ang sarili ko to be happy. Alam mo yung pakiramdam na paggising pa lang ay naiisip na lang kung papasok pa ba or hindi na. Kung noon ay excited na papasok, ngayon ay tinatamad na. Napapabuntong-hininga na lang ako minsan.
2. About stress and pressure. Evaluate yourself and take action on things or situation brings you stress or pressure. Take things slowly din, focus on one thing at a time na kailangan mong i-improve. If you can't change the situation, maybe the situation is trying to change you. In addition, take time to rest, find a quiet time or something na mare-relax ka. I encountered something like earlier this year, I was so down, I doubted myself, and I was feeling unmotivated then I tried things na makakabalik sa passion and drive ko sa sarili ko. I surrounded myself with friends, read books, watched movies, engaged in activities, I rested, basta I did things na makakapagpasaya sa akin, and now I'm back on track.
I appreciate you for sharing your experience. To be honest with you, nasa point ako ng buhay kung saan sinusubukan kong i-relax ang sarili ko. I have been trying hard para lang ilibang ang sarili ko. I even took 2 days leave para mag-chill. Naglakad-lakad din ako sa park kaninang madaling-araw and yet, here I am… still feeling the same. Yun bang OK naman ako kanina sa park pero pag-uwi ko parang sumalubong sa akin ang lahat.
3. There is no one stopping you to look for another opportunity. You can do anything you set your mind into. Also, always learn and upskill para relevant parati ang skills and knowledge mo. If there is another open opportunity na when you weigh in on all the factors namas better sa current work mo then better grab the chance.
Yeah, matagal nang sumagi sa isipan ko ang umalis at maghanap ng bago. I mean, it’s been a year ago. Some time in April last year ko pa naiisip umalis. But then I decided to take a month of leave-of-absense instead. Medyo naging OK naman ako pagbalik ko. Naging top performer na naman ako for consecutive months until recently na sobrang napi-pressure ako.

This too is one of the reasons kaya siguro lalo akong nai-stress. Kasi yung sahod is hindi na umaayon sa level ng pressure ng workloads.

Last edited:
When it comes to the idea na maraming nahihirapan na maghanap ng trabaho, I can consider myself lucky and I am grateful for that. Nahihirapan na lang talaga akong i-drive ang sarili ko to be happy. Alam mo yung pakiramdam na paggising pa lang ay naiisip na lang kung papasok pa ba or hindi na. Kung noon ay excited na papasok, ngayon ay tinatamad na. Napapabuntong-hininga na lang ako miminsan.

Remember your biggest WHY and change your perspective. I will reiterate na kasi minsan ang focus natin is sa negative things, that's why parang dreadful na ang pumasok sa work. Parang when you always think of a red car, mas makikita mo parati ang red car kasi yung ang focus ng isip mo. Also, analyze mo why are you feeling pressured? What should you do differently? Always evaluate yourself and maybe listen din sa mga suggestions sa iyo. Maybe they do have a point and your just taking it the wrong way because negative na agad ang approach mo or yung iniisip mo sa mga kasama mo sa work.

I appreciate you for sharing your experience. To be honest with you, nasa point ako ng buhay kung saan sinusubukan kong i-relax ang sarili ko. I have been trying hard para lang ilibang ang sarili ko. I even took 2 days leave para mag-chill. Naglakad-lakad din ako sa park kaninang madaling-araw and yet, here I am… still feeling the same. Yun bang OK naman ako kanina sa park pero pag-uwi ko parang sumalubong sa akin ang lahat.
Inabot din ng ilang months before ako naging okay. Process yan, everyday you should really take care of your mental ang physical health. Maybe di mo pa nahahanap talaga yung activity or yung rest na kailangan mo talaga to return your drive and passion sa life. Huwag magmadali and as I've said take things slowly.

Yeah, matagal nang sumagi sa isipan ko ang umalis at maghanap ng bago. I mean, it’s been a year ago. Some time in April last year ko pa naiisip umalis. But then I decided to take a month of leave-of-absense instead. Medyo naging OK naman ako pagbalik ko. Naging top performer na naman ako for consecutive months until recently na sobrang napi-pressure ako.
Again, know the cause why you are pressured, only you can answer that question. Also, mas maganda rin if may ka share ka ng sentiments or problems sa office nyo kasi mas maganda pag may ibang opinion or observation tayong natatanggap. Minsan kasi di natin nakikita ang big picture pag idea lang natin ang basis natin, we need others to help us see the bigger picture.

I hope you'll find your drive and passion back for life, TS.

And also, if you are a believer, always pray and communicate kay God, even if He doesn't answer immediately, at least you'll have peace. 🩵

i would say not all work places are like that, dumaan din ako sa ganyan at ang ginawa ko is lumipat ng work, siguro nasa private employer ka pa, tendency kasi ng mga private employer is to maximize productivity and minimize cost, kaya lumipat ako nang lumipat hanggang naka-hanap ako ng walang ganyan and that is within the government, lipat ka sa government boss, relax yung trabaho but more monies hehe (low salary but the benefit is twice or even thrice of your salary)

yun nga sabi nila kung gusto mo petiks ka mag gov ka haha nag ka gf ako ng SK dati nung college ako dun ako nakakita ng halos walang ginagawa pero sumasahod ng malake haha

Actually, tama yan si PHC-Bot. It is a toxic environment. Hindi mo lng siguro masabing toxic kasi na-normalize na siya sayo.. pero the reason na napapagod ka is dahil toxic talaga siya inherently.

Nasubukan ko rin magtarbaho sa ganyang trabaho kung saan you are constantly haunted by your past week performance. At pag minalas ka, you will start to self-doubt kung kasalanan mo nga ba talaga. This is the same experience kapag nakakaranas ka ng gaslighting sa isang relationship. It makes you want to quit, pero at the same time you feel like quitting just makes you a loser. Either inumin mo ung lason o mamatay ka sa uhaw.

So what I can tell you is: it is not about the money/pagod ratio. Kahit doblehin ang sahod mo, you will find yourself at some point questioning if it is worth it kung ganyan ang kultura.

For contrast, ang tarbaho ko ngayon ay mas nakakapagod. Physical labor, bumubuhat ng mabigat o minsan nakakangalay dahil kailangan nakaluhod or nakasiksik sa masikip para magawa ang trabaho ko. On top of that, outdoors, kaya exposed sa weather. But in this industry, I feel respected.

In other words, it is a factor tlga kung gusto mo ang ginagawa mo, at respected ka.

Mahirap talaga pag burn out ka na. Try mo mag leave ng 1 week or indefinite leave kung pwede.

Para mas makapag isip isip ka sa exit plans mo if right time na ba or kakayain mo pa.

Thank you everyone for your opinions/feedback. Tama nga yung kasabihan na "hindi lahat ng araw ay fiesta."

There are days na nakakapagod kasi kulang na lang lamunin ka ng boss mo, pero meron din naman yung mga araw na sya pa lalapit para ipagyabang ka sa iba.

This is how we ended up for today's shift. Masaya si boss kasi rank 1 kami for today. Hoping we can keep this good score. I mean, ganito naman kasi palagi ang scores namin noon pa. Medyo bumaba lang kami last time. Mataas kasi talaga ang expectations nila sa amin kaya siguro napasobra sya ng nasabi last time.

image.png