What's new

Closed Identity Crisis Discography + Rare Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC Group shot.jpg
Identity Crisis - Formed by Resty Cornejo in 1986, they became one of the pioneering alternative bands in the Philippines. Their signature sound, catchy melodies, gothic outfits and mysterious identities has made the band an underground favorite garnering fans from all over the country. Releasing their first album in 1987, “Tale of Two”, has reshaped Philippine music. From appearing on TV variety shows to performing live concerts nationwide, Identity Crisis, was nominated in the prestigious ALIW Awards for Best New Artist.

Their second album released in 1991, “Water Came Running”, earned a tremendous amount of respect from their musical colleagues, mainly for the bands “ahead of their time” songwriting and arrangements, which until this very day, still sounds fresh from the studios. After appearing in several compilation albums, Identity Crisis, packed up their instruments and called it a day. Several producers have approached the members, hoping to spark a reunion concert but there are no immediate plans. Currently the members of Identity Crisis are involved in their personal careers in the field of architecture, culinary, the airline industry, broadcasting and information technology. In 2006, Rivermaya, released an all-cover album containing songs from the 80's, in which two (2) of Identity Crisis' songs, My Sanctuary and Sumigaw, Umawit ka, were featured. Identity Crisis, to this very day, is considered a major and important influence in the alternative and underground music scene in the Philippines. Their record label is Dyna Records Philippines (1986-1991).

Band Members:
Carla.JPG Cool Carla - Vocals
Buddy Arceo - Vocals.jpg Buddy 'Boy' Arceo - Vocals
Leni Lapitan - Keyboards.jpg Leni Llapitan - Keyboards & Programming
Resty Cornejo - Gtrs.jpg Resty Cornejo - Guitars
Bog's Died Feb 9.2009 41yrs old.jpg Bogs Ambrosio - Bass
Marvin Mendiola - Drums.jpg Marvin Mendiola - Drums

Identity Crisis - ...Tale of Two (1987)
FRONT Big.TofT.jpg

Tracks: [You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.]
01. Imagining October
02. Whispering Castles
03. Blank Pages
04. Sumigaw, Umawit Ka
05. My Sanctuary
06. When the Sun Will Shine
07. Requiem
08. Anthem

Identity Crisis - Water Came Running (1991)
FRONT Big.Water.jpg

Tracks: (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.)
01. Where Wild Things Grow
02. Golden Age
03. Image of The Orient
04. Hidden Face
05. Water Came Running
06. Behind the Line
07. In This World
08. Will I Ever Know
09. Pangarap
10. With One Mind

NOTE: All songs were CD Ripped.
When you clicked Download. Be patient.
Step 1: Below, wait for the timer 10 to 20 seconds.
Step 2: Select I am not a robot.
Step 3: Create download link.
Step 4: You turn to the download page.

Resty Interview.jpg

According to Resty Cornejo's Interview (See Tempo June 29, 2019):
"Lenny is a natural composer.Her pop music sensibilities, great melodies and riffs were the backbone of Identity Crisis's music."
"Eventually, we decided to add a bit of progressive rock to our music as an experiment. I was, at the time, influenced by Rush and Yes"
"We were also looking towards exploring ethnic themes, much like the works of Penpen and Asin."

After they disbanded 1992...
"At that point, it was like the end for me. I tried jamming a few times with some buddies but I lost my passion for music. I was really devastated when the band ended. My love for music came back only years after."
"For the rest of the band, some pusued the same path (Abaya and Llapitan joined Lokal Brown in the 1990's before going on to form Mariya's Mistress). I totally lost contact with them, literally. We re-united as friends again only in the mid-2000's."
"I have been living in Hong Kong since 1993, working as a design architect."

Sad News:
Bog's Died Feb 9.2009 41yrs old.jpg "Bogs" Ambrosio, passed away in February 9, 2009. He had a heart attack while jogging around his place in Singapore. Arleingh “Bogs” Ambrosio was at Veronica Funeral along A. Arnaiz (Libertad), Pasay City . The last night of his wake is expected on Wednesday (18-Feb). Interment is on Feb 19, 8am. Final resting place of Bogs will be at the Heritage Memorial grounds.

RARE VIDEOS (MP4)

Identity Crisis - You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Identity Crisis - You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

COVID-19 Live Jam Sessions 2020

REMINDER in DOWNLOADING:
When you clicked Download. Be patient.
Step 1: Below, wait for the timer 10 to 20 seconds.
Step 2: Select I am not a robot.
Step 3: Create download link.
Step 4: You turn to the download page.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.