What's new

Closed How to speed up downloads (up to 6 times faster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiantarn

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Hi guys, ituturo ko ngayun kung paano eh level up ang pag download sa pc. Kung papalarin ituturo ko din iyung sa android.

English mode:
If you're using Google Chrome, you probably know that it doesn't download files that fast. You can speed up downloads with download acceleration software (like Internet Download Manager) which isn't always free and doesn't necessarily work. There is a much easier way that actually works... and it works AWESOME!

Step 1: Chrome is slow
FTZ44EMHYZX4XLH.MEDIUM.jpg

FU1SP90HYZX4XLA.MEDIUM.jpg

First, an example. I've started downloading a 700 MB ISO file in GoogleChrome at 1:52 AM and finish at 2:12 AM (see screenshots). Simple math tells us that it took 20 minutes to download a 700 MB file. Quite a poor result for a browser we all love.

Step 2: Citrio is 6 times faster
FOEV7AMHYZX4XL3.MEDIUM.jpg

FPU3JXWHYZX4XKW.MEDIUM.jpg

Then I've downloaded a chromium-based browser called Citrio. I've started downloading the same file at 2:17 AM and finished at 2:20 AM. It took only 3 minutes to download a 700 MB file.

It's more than 6 times faster than Google Chrome.

Step 3: Anung ng yari doon?
Citrio is basically a Chrome browser with pre-installed extensions. One of such extensions (that isn't available separately for Chrome) is a Download Accelerator. It's a part of a Download Manager so you don't have to do a thing, except for start the actual download and it will be automatically boosted. You can use your Google Account to sign in Citrio and all your Chrome extensions, bookmarks and passwords will be added to Citrio. In my experience, it can fully replace Chrome. Otherwise nothing prevents you from keeping a second browser exclusively for downloading large files.

STEP 4: A LITTLE UPDATE (FOR MH76DK)
F2OBC43HZ13KCTP.MEDIUM.jpg
FH5O06SHZ13KCTK.MEDIUM.jpg
F8ZRF0THZ13KCTA.MEDIUM.jpg
F59E23FHZ13KCSX.MEDIUM.jpg

Dear mh76dk, thank you for mentioning that files were downloaded from different servers. I didn't think about it at first. Yes, this might have played the part in the great download speed difference. So, I've decided to repeat the test.

It's almost the same time as yesterday (around 2 AM). This time I've decided to do the first download with Citrio, followed by Chrome. I've also added online clock to verify the data stamp. You can see results on the screenshots.

Citrio: 1:48 - 1:53 = 5 min

Chrome: 1:57 - 2:14 = 17 min

Yes, the results turned out to be different from the initial ones. However, Citrio still was more than 3 times faster than Chrome.

Link:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

No hit and run guys. Thank you:)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back