What's new

House panel OKs mandatory SIM card registration bill

good or bad idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
being implemented in other countries won't make something a good practice, change for the better, not change for the worst
I am sure na may mga loopholes yan at kung ano pa man pero mapapaganda nila ang implementation nyan once na implemented na ang batas na yan. They will improve it if may mga butas yan for the better implementation and to protect the Filipinos better.

ayan naman pala, well said hehe

Basta protected ng law, okays lang kesa perpetrators tapos gagamitin sa mga schemes nila. Atleast may batas na para madali lang i-trace yun totoong may ari ng fb accounts na gumawa ng mga krimen.

P.S.
The NPC also discouraged the use of a centralized server or database as it carries greater risks if a security breach occurs. This recommendation was adopted in Section 6 of the Bill, which requires that the designated government agencies or public telecommunications entities (PTEs) maintain their own databases. The PTE must strictly use the database to process, activate, or deactivate a SIM or subscription, and not for any other purpose.
So posibleng magkakaroon ng agency para sa simcard registration law. Masyado pang maaga para maging nega.

In fulfillment of its duty to uphold the rights of data subjects, the NPC will closely coordinate with other agencies to develop the necessary guidelines to properly implement the Bill.
As I have mentioned earlier, i-momonitor or i-susupervise nila kung sino ang hahawak mg database.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I am sure na may mga loopholes yan at kung ano pa man pero mapapaganda nila ang implementation nyan once na implemented na ang batas na yan. They will improve it if may mga butas yan for the better implementation and to protect the Filipinos better.

Basta protected ng law, okays lang kesa perpetrators tapos gagamitin sa mga schemes nila. Atleast may batas na para madali lang i-trace yun totoong may ari ng fb accounts na gumawa ng mga krimen.

P.S.

So posibleng magkakaroon ng agency para sa simcard registration law. Masyado pang maaga para maging nega.

As I have mentioned earlier, i-momonitor or i-susupervise nila kung sino ang hahawak mg database.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Agree. Para yan sa ikabubuti ng majority. Yung mga loopholes matatackle yan kapag gagawa na ng IRR.