What's new

S·T·S FAST APN List PLDTHome WIFI with Tests&Results

Ryann8

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Apn tried on PLDT Home Prepaid Wifi (See attached Files)

Note! : These are based on my experience. It is not applicable to all said modem. Results can vary depending on your area/location.

1. pldthomewifi (Default apn)
- The default apn for the modem is good. I run multiple of speedtest and they meet at Download speed of 5-15mbps, and Download speed of 10-28mbps. However the connection is unstable specially when the traffic is getting bigger. The best time to use this apn is during midnight and early morning. Download and Upload speed decreases during mid day.

2. SmartLTE
- This apn is commonly used in smartphones, I tried it in the modem and it shows an interesting result. Download Speed 5-10mbps, Upload Speed 5-10mbps. This apn is unstable but it is better than the default apn but one thing i noticed that it is limited for up to 10mbps during my tests. Please read Note above)

3. smartbro
- This apn is used in pocket wifi's as their default apn. Tested it on speedtest and they are almost the same with SmartLTE apn.

4. pldthomelte & pldthome1& ultera
-These apn might be existing but i only tried these to see if it works. From the default apn (pldthomewifi) i changed the latter with anything. The results are good Download Speed 4-15mbps, Upload Speed 8-18mbps. I tried watching videos on YøùTùbé and connection is stable at 144p to 480p, but when I tried 720p and 1080p videos it loads but it has difficulty loading continously.

5. pldthomedsl
-I'm not sure of this is the default apn for Home Dsl bjt I've tried it and it show very good result, might be the best. Download speed is 3-9mbps, Upload Speed is 8-20mbps. It is stable and although it only gets 4 mbps most of the time in the speedtest watching videos in YøùTùbé at 1080p is flawlessly continous. I havent tried on downloading large files but it shows a very good results.

6. pldthomefibr
-Because pldthomedsl was able to connect i thought that dsl might too, so yes, it connected but I haven't done any test for this apn. Maybe someone might want to try it and share his/her result.

Thays all, mates. Again these apn's are according to my experience it might vary from different area/location. It would be nice if you try it also and share your results.

Feedbacks are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Hello guys, mkakatulong din po yung pag papalit ng 802.11 ninyo,
I set niyo setting niyo kapag.

1. 802.11g or 802.11b or 802.11b/g
-Wifi panggamit sa bahay lang or Home Wifi kumbaga.

2. 802.11a
-Kapag gamit niyo ito sa business or sa work niyo.

3. 802.11n
-Malaki bandwith neto mga 300mbps pero kapag maraming wifi sa paligid niyo at mag kakaiba pa yung 802.11 settings nila magkakaroon ng interference na mag reresult ng unstable na internet.

4. 802.11ac
-Ito ang ito ang pinaka malaking bandwidth sa lahat 1300mbps pero katulad ng n prone sila sa interference.

wala akong na kita apn sa attachment bosing ang nakita ko result ng speedtest lang po. pero nag try akong pinalitan yung sa aking pldthome prepaid wifi na apn nilagay ko sa manual hindi mapalitan.

Boss Ryann8, anong recommended setting nyo dito:

1585238848879.png

1585238864979.png

Btw, working sa akin si pldthomedsl na APN. Reliable and consistent na ang speed. Salamat!

Attachments

Currently using ultera and this is more stable than the pldthomedsl that I've been using since I saw some recommendations. hope this lasts! Thank you for sharing! :)