What's new

Closed Faith and works part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayie

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Romans 13:1-7 - God wants us to honor the authorities and governmental bodies in our countries. We shouldn't slander them but we should pray for them.
:)
"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor." (Romans 13:1-7 NKJV)

Proverbs 10:13 - We are to discipline our children but take to care do it at the right time, and at the right location. The rod is for the back, not the face or the front.

"Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, But a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding." (Proverbs 10:13 NKJV)

The Bema Seat of Chirst is a place where believers will be rewarded for their works unto the Lord.

Matthew 25:37-46 - The righteous are not even conscious of their good works. Those who are not saved are very conscious of their own works. How we treat the least of God's servants, we also do it unto the Lord. The right hand of
God represents salvation. Hell was prepared for the devil and his demons, not for humans. God gives us a choice to choose Jesus, to be saved from hell.

"“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or ***** and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, ***** and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or ***** or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”" (Matthew 25:37-46 NKJV)

188364992.jpg
Cain's self-righteousness caused his works to be evil in the eyes of the Lord. Let us give all glory to the Lord and depend fully on Him without boasting in our own works!

1 John 3:11-12 - Cain's works were evil because he brought the works of his hands, whereas God was pleased with Abel's offerings of the lamb and its blood was an atonement for his sins. Cain's works were evil because of his self-righteousness before God.

"For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous." (I John 3:11-12 NKJV)

John 6:28-29 - The only work that God wants us to be conscious of is to believe in Jesus. As we fix our minds and hearts upon Him, we will produce good works as fruits.

"Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”" (John 6:28-29 NKJV)

Ruth 2:10-12 - What Ruth did is not seen as a good work in the natural, but God rewarded with a full reward her for taking refuge in Him.

"So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?” And Boaz answered and said to her, “It has been fully reported to me, all that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband, and how you have left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and have come to a people whom you did not know before. The LORD repay your work, and a full reward be given you by the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge.”" (Ruth 2:10-12 NKJV)

947406249.jpg
Like Ruth, we can be assured that we are claiming a full reward because we seek refuge under the wings of the Lord God of Israel!

Be blessed and walk in divine favor!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.