What's new

DITO Experience: I tried to enable carrier video calls (ViLTE) but failed to initiate on my device. What device? DITO-DITO call testing

morbChest

Honorary Poster
Solutions
Reaction

My DITO Experience: I tried to intiate carrier video calls (ViLTE) with DITO, but failed to initialize on my VoLTE enabled device.​

In this thread of how I can workaround to support Voice call (VoLTE) and Video call (ViLTE) using DITO SIM, and it's limitations to some devices.

Based on my experience and testing, I borrow her device uses DITO SIM on vivo Y12 (Funtouch 11) and I tried to initiate carrier video call to her friends has DITO SIM that she thought their device is realme C11 2021. Both Video and Voice call are working.

Pero paano, sa aking device does not support carrier video calling (ViLTE) but it does on Voice call (VoLTE)?

I have tried several methods to enable carrier video calling (ViLTE) on my device, but it has missing o wala sa settings, even I searched it.

How? Here is the steps.
• Go to device's Settings 🔧
• Tap Network & Internet connections 📶
• Tap Mobile Networks or Cellular Networks 📱
• Select your network (which your carrier is DITO)
• Then select to enable Carrier video calling. Switch it to “ON
*This instructions is quite inaccurate in word choices in some ways on any device's settings, so you have be familiar when using the other mobile OS.

Some device will expect to work or not work when you call someone with DITO number. Here is the samples between devices. On the left is vivo Y12 and my device is on the right.
IMG_20221127_073713.jpg
Screenshot_20221127-141301~01.png

This figure shows that the video call failed to initialize to my device on vivo y12. While on my device at the right, it doesn't show the video call or "Add my camera" option.
Which is, not work for me.

Here is the result of the IMS service status on my device.
Screenshot_20221127-143528~01.png

Well, it means the video calling seems it was disabled by default, but possible based on the MediaTek specifications, my platform is MediaTek Helio P23 You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..
-------------------
Next method I can do is to make temporary video call as available on my device, but I don't think if it's gonna work because when I turn off my device or I switch the Airplane mode, it will reset it's default to make video calls unavailable.

So I will open EngineerMode of my device to enable video_over_ps_support which is involved in IMS status. Here is the steps.
• In telephony section, tap IMS → Choose your SIM slot
• Tap Common
• Tap video_over_ps_support
• Enter the number, change the value to "1" (from 0), and hit SET.
Here it happens the video call makes available:
Screenshot_20221127-145155~01.png

While in the dialer, it was changed the video call method See the footage:

Now I enabled the video_over_ps_support, so next is to initiate a video call with DITO to DITO.
Here it happens when initiate a video call.

The video call does not work, it shows "Service Unreachable" it means it was failed to initiate carrier video call.
Even in the call, i pressed the Video call or Add my camera but still showing "Unable to connect", while the vivo Y12 is initiated a video call but my device doesn't show the alert to join the video call.
Screenshot_20221127-095630_1.png

So in the end, my device is really not compatible to initiate carrier video calls (ViLTE), it was impossible to enable it without root privileges. At least I have VoLTE which is limited for everyone to make a video calls.

What's your thoughts on this thread, please comment it down below. It is always welcome sa inyo makapag-discuss tungkol sa artikulo na ito.

And this is the end of the messege. See you PHC.

Tanong: What is that device?
My device:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Please disregard this question if you're not gonna interested, unless you want.

Attachments

Last edited:
boss ang gulo po pwede buo video po gawin ninyo para magaya namen
Pasensya na boss, hindi na siya maeedit yung thread at di ko balak gumawa ng video sa ngayon.

Bali yung steps lang kung paano ma enable yung carrier video call if meron sa settings.

To check video calls is present, type the code in your native dialer app 📞.
★#★#4635#★#★
It will enter to Testing Mode. Tap Phone information. Go to More Options (3-dot icon on the top-right). Tap IMS service status. Makikita mo yung IMS status kung active ang Video call.

Itong thread sa itaas [1] ay experience ko lang to kung paano paganahin ito. Kahit VoLTE support ang ibang device, may iba na hindi supported ang video calls.

Last edited:
Back