What's new

Reviewer Course Hero Unlock Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step-by-step explanation
A. Both and [i with diacritic] are allophones of the same phoneme /i/. The two are complementary distribution as [i with diacritic] occurs in between two consonants while occurs elsewhere.

A. Both and [u with diacritic] are allophones of the same phoneme /u/. The two are complementary distribution as [u with diacritic] occurs in between two consonants while occurs elsewhere.

(1) maliliit - mali, liit
malalaki - malaki, laki, lalaki
mapupula - mapula, pula, pupula

(2) mali - mali is the root word, it is a noun. can be a use as subject of a sentence. (free morpheme)
liit - is an adjective, can be used to modify a noun. (bounded)
lalaki - is a noun means a man. It functions as a root word of the word and can be used as a subject. (free)
laki - is an adjective. It functions as modifier. (bounded)
pula - is an adjective. It functions as modifier of the word mapupula. (free)

(3) mali - free morpheme
liit - bounded
lalaki - free
laki - bounded
pula - free

(4) derivation of prefix and suffix (ma-, for prefix and suffix, -liit)
repetition - repeating of inflected syllable
Step-by-step explanation
I hope this could help. I also learn from what I have read and research. Thank you

[a] What is the morpheme for the recent completion?
The morpheme of the recent completions is "ka".Since it is the smallest linguistic part of a word that can have a meaning. In other words, it is the smallest meaningful part of a word.
What determines the variation of the allomorphs?
If the word following the indefinite word begins with a consonant,then the allomorph a is selected, but if it begins with a vowel the allomorph will be used.
Step-by-step explanation
Hello students I hope that I've answered your question. Aside from the fact that I recently studied your question, I am also a native Ilocano speaker so I am confident of my answers. In the first question we only add the word "ka" if we want to say a word that is in the past tense form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back