What's new

Conversations: FlysEyes Tales

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
CONTEXT
Isaac is a forgemaster who used to serve for Dracula's army. His magic is a kind of necromancy. He stabs a person with his dagger, pulls a soul from hell and install it on the person he stabs, turning them into a demon.
FlysEyes is one of the rare demon that can talk. He tells his story as to Isaacs wish, which reveals some realities about the world.

TRANSCRIPT
[summons FlysEyes to him to talk about his former life]
Isaac: I was curious. The night is long, and I have been given much to think of late. May I ask you a question?
FlysEyes: Of course.
Isaac: Do you remember who you were, before you went to Hell?
FlysEyes: I... almost do. [thinks on it] It's like I remember how it was to dream. And to remember moments of the dream. But never the entire play. Do you see?
Isaac: I do. What do you remember?
FlysEyes: I was... a scholar.
Isaac: Really?
FlysEyes: I was. In a place called... Athens. I think it was a long time ago.
Isaac: What did you study?
FlysEyes: I was a philosopher.
Isaac: And this was a thing that sent you to Hell?
FlysEyes: I lived as a man during a time in the empire that ruled Athens, changed its religion and laws. I believed Philosophy to be the Studies of the Systems of the World and our purpose in it. And yet discussions of the nature of the Divine became a crime.
Isaac: Who declared this a crime?
FlysEyes:You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

FlysEyes: To be a philosopher was a sin. And one important Christian was heard to say, that the people should hunt down sinners and drive them into salvation, as a hunter drives his prey into traps.
Isaac: To think about God would surely not be a sin in God's eyes.
FlysEyes: Perhaps. And yet... here I am.
Isaac: And perhaps you did not tell me all of your dream.
FlysEyes: I was betrayed, Forgemaster. I was hunted, I was tortured, I lied for my life. In a church, before a judge. I gave up others, so that I may live. I became a sinner.
Isaac: And?
FlysEyes: They killed me... anyway. I woke up in Hell, because this world is insane, and I learned something about sin.
Isaac: [Looking disturbed by FlysEyes story] And what did you learn?
FlysEyes: I learned... to like it. [begins to crawl to Isaac] Yet here I am, back on the surface of the Earth... strong and free, in a world where thinking is considered something that should be tortured and murdered. [He stops crawling and then disturbingly begins to smile] Thank you for my second life. [Isaac looks at the Night Creature with remorse] I intend to use it well, and make wonderful new dreams of it.

Explanation:
At first, FlysEyes implied that he was sent to hell because he was a philosopher. At least its true, on the part that the Christians of his time thought it to be sin. Being a philosopher. Trying to have understanding about God.
It was later revealed that he was tortured and forced to betray his people, in a twisted ironic way, it is Christians that forced his soul to hell. They made him a sinner.
His true sin was fearing death. He lost his principles, he lied, he betrayed, he lost himself.
Through man's (maybe) misled beliefs, through man's insane laws, which truly reflects our history and the modern times in the real world.

It is really bizarre that we are listening to a conversation between a demon and a former servant of a vampire, not to mention in a cartoon series of all literature, but still, deep down in our conciousness we are finding some deep eye-opening truths to what they say.

Props to the scriptwriters of this animation.

So, what do you think about FlysEyes tales?

Attachments

Last edited:
Anong pangalan ng video idol? Interesting ung sinabi mo dito. Thanks for sharing

Anong pangalan ng video idol? Interesting ung sinabi mo dito. Thanks for sharing
Scene yan sa palabas na Castlevania sa Netflix. Kung interested ka sa mismong scene search mo lang "flyseyes and isaac",
Pero I recommend the whole series both sa writing and entertainment value.