What's new

Trivia BUDDHISM --- sino mga Buddhist dito?

The_Weeknd

Forum Veteran
Reaction
1 year na rin akong nagsasaliksik at isinasabuhay ang mga turo sa buddhismo.
Hindi man perpekto, nakakagawi pa rin ng mali, pero atleast I always try to follow the path of the Buddha
SECULAR BUDDHISM to be exact (maraming branches ng buddhism kasi)

I was baptised as CATHOLIC.
Elementary ay 7TH DAY ADVENTIST
Highschool nag-try as CHRISTIAN
College naging ATHEIST
After graduation, natuklasan ang BUDDHISM

So marami na rin akong religion/non-religion na napuntahan pero sa lahat, budhismo lang ang nagbigay sagot sa mga katanungan ko :)

So kung naliligaw kayo ng landas or hindi alam kung ano ang dapat paniwalaan, try nyo rin magbasa about buddhism... baka sakaling makatulong sa inyo
Especially sakin, nabawasan ung depression at anxiety ko, as well mga insecurities, envy, hate, etc.
Yun lang :)

May all sentient beings be happy and free of suffering. - Gautama Buddha

IMG_20210702_152420.jpg

The Buddha --- drawn by The_Weeknd :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Puwede ko po bang malaman yung mga main teaching ng Buddhism? 🙂

Para magkaroon lang ako ng kaunting background sa relihiyon po ng mga Buddhist ..

Salamat po 🙂

View attachment 1478386

The Buddha --- drawn by The_Weeknd :)
First of i have to say na ang galing mo magdrawing ah... This one's nice.

As for your Buddhism eh i as an atheist admire ung humanist view ng religion or way of life mo. I also like the fact that di kayo deity-centric and ung mga historical texts nyo eh more of a guideline and not "sacred texts"...

I generally like buddhism especially what the the Dalai Lama said about science:

HOME
ABOUT
CONTACT
donating = loving
newsletter
VIEW FULL SITE
Brain Pickings
The Dalai Lama on Science and Spirituality
“What science finds to be nonexistent we should all accept as nonexistent, but what science merely does not find is a completely different matter.”
BY MARIA POPOVA
The Dalai Lama on Science and Spirituality

“The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both,” Carl Sagan wrote in his final book nearly four centuries after Galileo made the same point in his famous letter defending his life.

A recent Pioneer Works conversation about science and spirituality with physicist Alan Lightman, based on his immensely insightful and poetic book on the subject, reminded me of a different, older conversation contemplating the relationship between these two hallmarks of the human experience.

In the early 1990s, shortly after receiving the Nobel Peace Prize, the Dalai Lama sat down for a five-day dialogue with a group of ten Western scientists and one philosopher of mind, seeking a scientific perspective on what Buddhism calls the Three Poisons: greed, hatred, and delusion — the primary classes of emotion that cause us to harm ourselves and those around us. The wide-ranging conversation, the synthesis of which was later published as Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama (public library), aimed to bridge ancient spiritual practices and modern findings in biology, cognitive science, psychology, and neuroscience in an effort to reveal the human mind’s capacity to transcend its own fundamental flaws.

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet (Photograph: Tenzin Choejor)
With an eye to the complementarity between Buddhism, which has been exploring the human mind for millennia, and Western science, whose neuroscience and psychology are barely a century and a half old, the Dalai Lama writes in the preface to the book:

"Buddhism and science are not conflicting perspectives on the world, but rather differing approaches to the same end: seeking the truth. In Buddhist training, it is essential to investigate reality, and science offers its own ways to go about this investigation. While the purposes of science may differ from those of Buddhism, both ways of searching for truth expand our knowledge and understanding.....

I have often said that if science proves facts that conflict with Buddhist understanding, Buddhism must change accordingly. We should always adopt a view that accords with the facts. If upon investigation we find that there is reason and proof for a point, then we should accept it. However, a clear distinction should be made between what is not found by science and what is found to be nonexistent by science. What science finds to be nonexistent we should all accept as nonexistent, but what science merely does not find is a completely different matter. An example is consciousness itself. Although sentient beings, including humans, have experienced consciousness for centuries, we still do not know what consciousness actually is: its complete nature and how it functions."

Db?? Galing nean for me... Something that other religions, especially the ones that believe in a god really does not accept...

Pero ang pinakastriking for me is this:

"The more we pursue material improvement, ignoring the contentment that comes of inner growth, the faster ethical values will disappear from our communities. Then we will all experience unhappiness in the long run, for when there is no place for justice and honesty in people’s hearts, the weak are the first to suffer. And the resentments resulting from such inequity ultimately affect everyone adversely."

di sya sinasamba
di sya diyos sa buddhism

simpleng tao lang siya gaya natin...
nagsisilbi siyang gabay at guro para marating ng mga tao ang enlightenment :)

kaya lang may mga rebulto or imahe ni buddha sa mga templo/bahay is magsilbing paalala (reminder) to always live the way/path of the Buddha
pero di sya sinasamba parang santo/diyos

namatay sya dahil binigyan sya ng pagkain na nagingbsanhi ng food poisoning. Hindi sya namatay dahil sa katandaan. Yung 80 yrs old sya yun na yung last nya.

sinasabi lang nila dahil sa katandaan para maiwasan yung logical though sarcastic na tanong na "yan ba ang enlightened?"

Naging atheist din ako the entire time ko sa college
marahil dahil sa mga masasamang karanasan ko kaya nagtampo ako sa diyos

pero may kulang kasi eh... sa atheism na hindi kayang ipaliwanag kung paano ang tao ay mamuhay ng payapa at kahit na anong pagsubok na danasin ay hindi tayo dapat mapanghinaan ng loob... at un ang nahanap ko budhismo

anyway, may pagkakatulad din naman ang budhismo sa atheism kasi walang konsepto ng diyos (or mas accurate is hindi mahalaga ang sagot sa tanong na kung may diyos ba or wala :))

pero etong qoute na to ang mag explain sa tao ang posisyon ng buddhismo sa tanong about sa diyos

craving-god-quote-by-yuval-noah-harari-411315.jpg

Attachments

1. Buddhism - religion/pilosopiya na pinasimulan ni Gautama Buddha para makawala tayo sa pagdudusa at maputol ang siklo ng reincarnation thru nirvana
2. Buddha ay hindi diyos, bagkus isang tao na nagsisilbing gabay sa atin para marating natin ang enlightenment or kahit maging mabuting tao man lang (para sa next life natin ay mas maswerte/kaya-aya na)
3. Reincarnation - after death, depende sa karma natin kung ano ang next life natin (tao/hayop/god/ghost)
4. Karma - mga mabuti/masama nating ginagawa
5. Four noble truth - apat na katotohanan na kailangan nating tanggapin para makawala tayo sa pagdurusa
6. Eightfold path - walong gabay sa mapayapang pamumuhay

at marami pang iba :)
sa secular buddhism kasi ay mas concern ang pagsasabuhay ng mga turo ni Buddha kaysa magkabisa ng mga texto or magsagawa ng mga seremonya

Last edited by a moderator:
[XX='The_Weeknd, c: 1391439, m: 1512740'][/XX] lol iniba mo pa ang pangyayari, namatay si buddha dahil sa katakawan, tas pork pa yong huli niyang kinain ,ang nakakatawa lang yan si buddha nagtuturo na huwag kumain ng meat of fish ang kanyang mga alagad tas siya lamon ng lamon ng karne lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustated Burger, hindi na ako makipagtalo sayo
hindi naman mahalaga kung paano siya namatay
kasi na-attain na rin naman nya ung enlightenment so naputol na nya ang cycle of rebirths nya
so kung kasalanan (bad karma) man ang pagkain ng karne sa mga huling araw nya
hindi naman yan makaka apekto sa reincarnation nya, kasi nga hindi na rin naman siya mag reincarnate :)
(i mean reincarnate into a lower form of three evil realms ---animal, ghosts, hellish)

hindi po sir... hindi mahalaga sa mga buddhist ang tanong na kung may diyos ba o wala

or much better explained by this:
craving-god-quote-by-yuval-noah-harari-411315.jpg

Attachments