What's new

Tutorial [APP][ROOT][4.0+] Adjustable Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khim Briones

Forum Expert
Reaction
Compatibility:
Tested on the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), will work on all devices with either of these files /sys/class/camera/flash/rear_flash or /sys/class/camera/rear/rear_flash
Installing and running the app will tell you if the app is compatible.

Reported working on:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, GT-I9505, SGH-l337, SCH-I545)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100, SGH-I317)
Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)

ki1y7U7l.jpg lbr9mRZl.jpg

Source:
The app is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

WARNING:
Using the flash at maximum brightness may cause damage to the flash. The developer of this application is not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to prolonged usage of the flash at a high brightness.

Permissions:
I request and use the following permissions:
Internet: used for ads, ads can be disabled in Action Menu.
Superuser: obviously needed to write to sysfs.
Receive boot complete: needed to reset app settings at startup. A reboot would turn off the flashlight so this is needed.
If your privacy app is picking up location as a used permission, please report a bug against it, again, I DO NOT use location.

Download:
Get it from the Play Store!:

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
If you can't access the Play Store, here's an exact copy of the APK on the store, please use the store if possible, thanks! You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. (430.14KB)

Changelog:
[1.6]

• Added homescreen/lockscreen widget.
  • Fixed wrong values on devices with inverted values when using notification buttons.

[1.5]
  • Fixed regression due to changes in code.

[1.4]
  • Added "Invert values" option to fix the weird values on the Galaxy SIII.

[1.3]
  • Fix possible crash at startup for unrooted users.
  • Fixed notification read incorrect value when adjusting using +/- buttons

[1.2]
  • Added notification actions.
  • Moved notification handling to Service, which is faster.
  • Added uses-feature android.hardware.camera.flash to reduce Play Store supported devices.

[1.1]
  • Support more devices (/sys/class/camera/rear/rear_flash)
  • Turning off flash from notification would cause the app to close when launched from recents list, fixed.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back