What's new

Help Any doctor or in medical field here?

Darklord_12

Honorary Poster
Established
I feel like my neck was choking after I eat spicy noodles. Now it's been 5 hours since I eat and I still feel like I am choking. What can I do to relieve this kind of feeling. huhu Based on my research it was GERD can you recommend how can I relieve this?

It's possible that you're experiencing symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), which occurs when stomach acid flows back into the esophagus. The spicy noodles you ate may have triggered your symptoms.

To relieve your symptoms, you can try the following:

1. Antacids: Over-the-counter antacids such as Tums or Rolaids can help neutralize stomach acid and provide relief.

2. Avoid trigger foods: Certain foods such as spicy, fatty or acidic foods can worsen GERD symptoms. Avoiding these foods can help to reduce symptoms.

3. Eat smaller meals: Eating smaller and more frequent meals can help to reduce pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter and prevent reflux.

4. Avoid lying down after meals: Wait at least 3 hours after meals before lying down. This allows food to digest and reduces the risk of reflux.

5. Elevate the head of your bed: Raising the head of your bed by 6 inches can help to prevent reflux during sleep.

If your symptoms persist or become severe, it's important to see a doctor for evaluation and possible treatment. They can also offer additional advice on how to manage your symptoms.

Back