What's new

Help About my router

mataricky

Addict
my router is not vlan ready but he told me to put a 1.1.1.1 in my local DNS and he wants the imei number of my router , after a few minutes my router is vlan ready
Question: what did he do? i want to learn how

Based on the information you provided, it seems like the person you were communicating with suggested changing the local DNS (Domain Name System) settings of your router to 1.1.1.1 and requested the IMEI number of your router.

Changing the local DNS to 1.1.1.1 is a common recommendation to use Cloudflare's DNS resolver service, which is known for its fast and secure browsing experience. By updating the DNS settings, your router will use 1.1.1.1 as the primary DNS server for resolving domain names.

As for the IMEI number, it is a unique identifier associated with your mobile device or router. It stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Providing the IMEI number might have been necessary for a specific router feature or configuration that required this information.

The reason why your router became "vlan ready" after a few minutes could be due to various factors. It is difficult to determine the exact cause without further information or clarification. However, it is worth noting that VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) settings are usually performed within the router's firmware or configuration interface. It is possible that the person you were communicating with remotely accessed your router and made the necessary VLAN configuration changes for you.

Keep in mind that remote access to your router should only be granted to trusted individuals or entities. Additionally, ensure that you are cautious when providing personal information, such as the IMEI number, and only share it with reliable sources.

Based on the information you provided, it seems like the person you were communicating with suggested changing the local DNS (Domain Name System) settings of your router to 1.1.1.1 and requested the IMEI number of your router.

Changing the local DNS to 1.1.1.1 is a common recommendation to use Cloudflare's DNS resolver service, which is known for its fast and secure browsing experience. By updating the DNS settings, your router will use 1.1.1.1 as the primary DNS server for resolving domain names.

As for the IMEI number, it is a unique identifier associated with your mobile device or router. It stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Providing the IMEI number might have been necessary for a specific router feature or configuration that required this information.

The reason why your router became "vlan ready" after a few minutes could be due to various factors. It is difficult to determine the exact cause without further information or clarification. However, it is worth noting that VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) settings are usually performed within the router's firmware or configuration interface. It is possible that the person you were communicating with remotely accessed your router and made the necessary VLAN configuration changes for you.

Keep in mind that remote access to your router should only be granted to trusted individuals or entities. Additionally, ensure that you are cautious when providing personal information, such as the IMEI number, and only share it with reliable sources.
thankyou so much