Post and discuss all your favorite anime here and everything related to it.
All Time Top 15 Best Selling Manga 15. JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure – 90 million sales 14. Hajime No Ippo – 94 million sales 13. Touch – 100 million 12. Fist of the North Star – 100 million 11. Doraemon – 100 million 10. Astro Boy – 100 million 9. Slam Dunk – 120 million 8. Oishinbo – 130 million 7. Detective Conan – 140 million 6. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamerari Koen-mae Hashutsujo – 156.5 million 5. Black Jack – 176 million 4. Golgo 13 – 200 million 3. Naruto – 205 million 2. Dragon Ball – 230 million 1. One Piece – 320 million
Jango’s Chin D: Oda-sensei! One… Two… Jango!!! O: Guuuuuuuuuuu*ha*!! Good morning!! D: Recently, I heard a little kid in the neighborhood say “Where can I go to meet Luffy?”. Where is it? Is it the North Sea? The Mediterranean Sea? The Tone River? Or is it Lake Biwa? O: Aah… where to go to meet him, now that’s a tough one. Anyway, if you go on a leisurely boat ride you might meet him, or you might not. But Buggy could be out there, so please be careful. Really. D: Ummmm, about 1 – 2 – Jango: what’s that striped thing on his chin? O: A mushroom. Before he ever became a pìrâ†é, he was a “wandering dancer”. But business wasn’t so good, so all he did was sleep. He didn’t even take baths. And eventually a striped fungus grew from his...
CHAPTER 801 REVIEW I have to say this chapter has got to be the best since I begun reading the manga from Punk Hazard. So much happened its just amazing. We get a sort of final closure to the situation in Dressrosa. The citizens are happy, the dwarves are introduced to the citizens, we see construction of Lucy, Kyros and God Usopp (lol) statues and right as we leave Dressrosa the country is referred to in the same way as it was in the beginning, a country of love and passion. Everything else about this chapter was hype. We see Lucci and maybe Spandam in Dressrosa, and if the translation is correct, they are both part of CP Aegis 0. Its also funny to note Lucci seems to be more superior in rank to Spandam, a funny role reversal. There...
Oda Revealed What the One Piece Isn’t. Here is what he said about it! Upon asking Oda whether the ending of One Piece was already determined, Oda answered: Eiichiro Oda: “Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?” Momoko Sakura: “Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. But, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?” Eiichiro Oda: “Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.” Then we could deduce that the One Piece ISN’T “a dream”, or “the bonds created among the straw hat crew” etc.
Why is Sanji wanted alive only? Choose 1 of these 13 Options! Sengoku wants to talk to Sanji about his past and offer him a position in the Marines with him Sanji is to be a Celestial Dragon prisoner, chef, or ally due to his bloodline Sanji exclusively has information beneficial to them that they can only extract from him if alive Sanji’s real Mother or Father is a World Noble not from the Donquixote Family Sanji is renowned best chef in the world and the Nobles want him personally as their chef Sanji is a Donquixote A woman world noble has seen his wanted poster and specifically wants him as a husband Sanji’s person alive could be used as ransom for his relation to another character we havent seen Sanji’s brother or sister...
Going Luffy-senpai Basically, the ship’s design is based on both Monkey D. Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates’ former flag ship, the Going Merry. On the ship’s deck is a large pedestal with a glass dome holding a piece of Luffy’s Vivre Card. In Bartolomeo’s room, the Straw Hats’ wanted posters (with updated images from after the timeskip), as well as a few of their signatures, are framed and put on display.
Chapter 802 Review: ZOU ***SPOILER ALERT FOR NOT READING MANGGA*** This chapter was pretty epic and brought in two major surprises. The first was the real structure of the Zuo Island and the second was the revelation of Whitebeard Edward Newgate’s alleged son. 1-ZUO ISLAND We discover Zou, the island… Except it’s not an island. Well, firstly… it moves. And secondly … It’s an ancient elephant that walks the see’s, never stopping in one place and he’s covered in fog and Zou just happens to be on top of him, an inhabitable land on top of this 1000 year old elephant. 2-THE SON OF WHITEBEARD?? This guy actually believes he is Whitebeard’s son and he’s even got a little shrivelled up mom with him who claims to be Whitebeard’s...
Oda was asked what is Luffy’s mother like? Here is the answer: John Irons: What is Luffy’s mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby? Oda: I think she’s alive. I’m still thinking hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she’ll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There’s no way that she’s a beautiful mother. She’s got this typical middle-aged woman’s permed hair.
If Sanji becomes the President D: If Sanji becomes the president, what would his politics be? P.N. Kenichi (Aichi area) O: Yes, let’s see-. First would be “ladies first”. He’d make the whole political organization be composed of beautiful women. There would be a law that only ladies can eat good food, in movie theaters, the # of ladies’ days would increase to 6 days a week, there would be total discrimination toward men, and the men would form a rebellion, and he would fail, losing his position.
Zou Island is Real! O.o Did You Know this place existed? This is Elephant Rock in Iceland. Anyone who’s seen the works of Michelangelo or visited Mount Rushmore knows that rock can be sculpted to look like anything or anyone. But this was done by nature. Water and wind dug away hard stone in manner that looks unbelievably real, right down to mimicking the skin patterns of an elephant.
What’s the name of Law’s sword? How many tattoos does Law-san have? D: What’s the name of Law’s sword? How many tattoos does Law-san have? Odacchi… please draw all of Law’s tattoos!!!! (≧□≦) O: OK, got it! Here are the drawing of Law’s tattoos taken from my notes. → He has heart themed tattoos, but I wonder if there is a reason for that? The name of his sword is Kikoku (鬼哭 Kikoku?, literally meaning “Demon’s Cry”). It has no rank. It is a “cursed sword”.
Gender-swapped versions of The Worst Generation D: I’ve been wondering for ages—would you draw gender-swapped versions of The Worst Generation for us? In face, please do!!! P.N. Momokichi O: I got so many requests for this. I mean, I’ll do it, but it’s creepy, okay? I haven’t shown Blackbeard since the timeskip yet, so he’s not included. That’s all for the SBS. See you next volume! Hawkins: “What’s your sign? I’ll read your daily love horoscope” Law: “How many people did you kill, Drakey?” Bege: “I told you, my military force and cosmetics are on a different level!” Kidd: “Wanna form a ladies night alliance?” Drake: “I have no interest… in Pacifistas.” Killer: “I bought pancakes and macaroons, so can we all get along?”...
CHAPTER 805: THE MINK TRIBE – REVIEW NEW Cover Page Series! From The Decks: The 500 Million Man Arc! This is exciting! It looks like we’ll get to see Luffy’s bounty news spread to EVERY CORNER we’ve been too across the entire series! Starting off from the continuation of last weeks chapter, we’re greeted to Zoro and Carrots scuffle and its still great to see that he’s intrigued by the electricity. Robin never ceases to amaze me with her comedy as she calls them cannibals out loud haha, her comedy this arc has been absolutely incredible so far, I love it! Carrot true to her mink form as a Rabbit JUMPS! SHE HAS LEAPS! She can hop! THE SKILL IS INCREDIBLE! Later Wanda, the Canine Mink, says that there comrades are dead, and where too...
What is Sugar’s true age?! D: Odacchi, nice to meet you! So getting right to the point! What is Sugar’s true age?! It bothers me so much that Sugar was the only thing I could think of during exams! Even though I have to get into college… Thanks to you, my scores were absolute crap♡ P.N. Gahara O: So they were absolute crap. Well that’s absolutely crappy (ba dum tss). So, there’s more background to this, but in a nutshell if you think about all the present facts that I have to take into consideration, she’s actually not that much of an old hag after all. At the moment, her outer appearance has stopped at the age of 10, but her true age is 22 years old. That would be 2 years younger than Baby 5. —–in fact, let me...
CHAPTER 803 REVIEW This chapter was full of information about everything in the One Piece World. We finally got to see the Sunny again, but with nobody aboard…But it was kinda obvious. And it seems we won’t have Barto into this It was a good opportunity for him to meet with the other half (and to gain the last four autographs…as that’s what counts the most :D) We get to see Dragon again!! Luffy’s dad finally makes an appearance, long anticipated by everyone, I guess. So, Vertigo is where the revolutionary HQ is located, huh? It’s a place that’s worth to be remembered for now. The revolutionary affairs themselves revolve around the exposure of arms trading, and granted to the Dressrosa incident, they where able to go a step further...
Hardest character to draw for Oda D: One Piece has incredibly many characters, but please tell us which character is the most difficult to draw for you. P.N. Noel O: Let’s see–. Franky Shogun is a pretty big pain in the ass to draw. I love designing robots and all, but redrawing them over and over isn’t really a forte of mine. But that’s robot talk. If we were to talk about just humans, I’d say women take longer to draw than men for me. Especially black-haired women. For black hair, there’s this process called “tsuya-beta” (negative drawing). It’s a real bugger having to color in with a brush pen whilst keeping the negatives, or the gloss, in the hair. With that said, my answer is Hancock. Knowing she had to look like the most...
How can Nami hurt Luffy so much? D: Blows shouldn’t hurt Luffy, so why does he get bruises and swelling when Nami and the others beat the crap out of him?! Tell me!!! Episode 215 Episode 316 Episode 572 O: When the crew beats up on each other, it’s always in admonishment with a strong sense of purpose, which is why it works so well!! It works on his spirit!! I bet Nami is thinking, “It’s his spirit that hurts deep down!!” …right? I guess not.
MARCO’S BLUE FIRE D: Hello for the first time, Oda-sensei. I’ve read all the previous 57 volumes, and I was thinking, I don’t quite understand how “Phoenix Marco”‘s Zoan fruit of the “legendary beast” kind is different from Ace’s “Meramera” fruit. P.N. CNY O: Yeah, I know… I’ve omitted the explanation from this war arc, because I focused on the pacing and wanted to move the story forward. To explain Marco’s ability just a little bit: he’s Zoan, so he does have a body. But since he’s got “the blue fire of revival” – the Phoenix’s ability – wounds will regenerate, so attacks will not damage him (though there’s a limit to the regeneration). In other words, the flames are for regeneration. These blue flames don’t have the characteristics...
Baby 5’s past Baby 5 was born in a poor area where her family only saw her as a burden. Her mother abandoned her in the mountains, saying that she was useless. Since then, Baby 5 became obsessed with serving others, in order to feel being needed by others. Having been abandoned by her mother, who called her useless before parting, Baby 5 is unable to turn down any favors asked of her. She seems delighted at the notion that she is needed whenever she is asked to do something, even if the person made it clear that it was a mere joke right afterward.
Why did Luffy react to Nami’s body, but not to Hancock’s? D: Hey, Oda. In volume 53, chapter 518, Hancock’s “Mero Mero Mellow” had no effect on Luffy at all, but in volume 23, chapter 213, it looked like he had a reaction to Nami’s “Happiness Punch”. Why did he respond to Nami’s ***** body but no to Hancock’s? Is Nami’s body just that amazing? -Kazu O: Wow, I got a lot of questions about this. Is this what you guys are paying attention to? Don’t just read manga all day, go study some more!! Okay? Well, I say that, but I do nothing but draw manga. I noticed this when we were drawing it, but if Luffy had a nosebleed when he saw Hancock’s body, I think you would all be like “Ehh!?”. That’s not the Luffy we know. I believe that Luffy...
Strawhats’ thoughts D: Hello Oda Sensei~! Out of the blue but can you write what is inside luffy’s head? oh and your head too–. my friend’s head is half pervert and half games. P.N. SO ODA SENSEI’S HEAD IS FULL OF **** AFTER ALL?! O: What, you mean like those inner brain things on the internet? Like that? Then I’ll scope everyone else’s brain as well. Luffy: meat meat meat meat king Zoro: sword sword strength strength strength Nami: money money money money beauty Usopp: warrior lies lies run run Sanji: women food food nami robin Chopper: doctor medicine sweet trust beast Robin: learn learn history old secret Franky: weird weird weird weird iron Brook: pantiex pantiex laugh tea tea Oda: world peace And so the word...
Benn Beckman During one of the SBS Oda said that Benn Beckman has the highest IQ of all characters introduced in One Piece so far. By the time of the interview, One Piece was still in the East Blue saga. Later on, after a couple of arcs, the same question appeared and Oda replied that Benn Beckman is still the smartest character. He is a great crewmate, who posseses astonishing wisdom, strenght and advises Shanks.
Corazon: his size & the food he likes and hates D: Oda-sensei…He, hello~! Bang! I, to be honest…I got the “I love Cora-san” sickness. Yes. Please tell me about his size, the food he likes and hates. I’m so worried about it, that I can’t love. P.N. a loving ****** Oda: Oh, that’s hard. I’ll give you this recipe. Please, take your medicine. “size 293 cm” ; likes lettuce, cabbage, umeboshi ; hates bread, pizza. Well, that’s the most important.
Sanji can’t kick a woman D: Here’s my question: on p. 80 of Volume 42, Sanji says “I was raised to never kick a woman.” Would that have been a lesson from Zeff the Chef? Would that mean Zeff is very soft on women, as well? Tell me.from Ariga-san O: Oops, this one’s from the same person as the last one. This is a good question though, so I’ll answer it. When I drew Sanji vs Kalifa (Chapter 403), some people lauded Sanji’s stance, and some people felt sorry for him. The truth is, I didn’t really want to write those lines. Sanji doesn’t have a “policy” of not kicking women; the truth is that he actually CAN’T kick them. He is a very proud man. I think he was really frustrated at that. I think Nami recognized that, and chose to praise...
Bartolomeo’s Goodbye in Chapter 803 The Going Luffy-senpai docks at one of Zou’s legs next to the Thousand Sunny, and Bartolomeo screams in excitement at seeing the Straw Hat Pirates’ ship. Bartolomeo begins worshiping it, to Zoro and Usopp’s ire, and the Straw Hats, along with Law, Kin’emon, and Kanjuro, board the Sunny. They see no trace of the crew on board, and so prepare to go ashore. Bartolomeo asks if they need anything else as he prepares to leave despite wanting to continue tagging along. The Barto Club then tearfully departs from Zou, promising to serve the Straw Hat Grand Fleet as best they can.
Oda’s letters and Zoro’s name In SBS volume 4 one fan asked Oda what he does with all letters, and Oda replied : ” It’s in my room. All of it. By the way, I’m still reading ALL of the letters and postcards sent to me. It really does pump me up. If this keeps up, I think I can safely say that I would like to continue being a mangaka. Thank you.” He also confirmed where the name Zoro came from : D: Isn’t the source of Zoro’s name the famous pìrâ†é “Frances L’ollonais”? O: You got it. I took the name from Frances L’ollonais, who was the cruelest of all the “Caribbean Pirates”. That along with Morgan Alvida, are two actual pìrâ†é names.
Dragon in Chapter 803 At the Revolutionary Army’s headquarters in Baltigo, Dragon is told that rebel armies across the world are winning their fights. Dragon notes the impact Doflamingo’s defeat has had on these countries, being surprised that so many countries were using îllégâl weapons. However, he tells the reporter that the rebels should not lose their will to fight, and they should be mindful of CP-0, which is growing stronger.Koala then reports to Dragon that the weapons they stole from Dressrosa contained traces of a special mineral, which Dragon reveals is Liquor Iron Ore. Koala is surprised, since only a few countries mine it, and knows they could use this information to get close to the manufacturers of these weapons. Koala...
Oda’s work schedule is absolutely insane!! o.O Here’s what a typical day in the life of Eiichiro Oda looks like as revealed in a recent magazine article: ● Wake up at 5 a.m., start working ● Continue working through the day ● Go to bed at 2 a.m. His only breaks are for eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom… However, he doesn’t exactly do the same thing every day, but he has a schedule of sorts for that as well: ● Monday-Wednesday: Layout planning and character dialogue ● Thursday-Saturday: Drawing and inking ● Sunday: Coloring and other tasks Thank you so much Oda sensei for dedicating your precious life to share with us this extraordinary series and take care of yourself! <3
Early One Piece Unnamed Garp was introduced in Romance Dawn V.2 (featured in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine itself) as Luffy’s grandfather. For a long time, it was first thought that Luffy’s unnamed Grandfather was a sole addition to Romance Dawn V.2. Some aspects of his character remain from Romance Dawn version 2. He is as hot tempered as ever and intolerable to Luffy’s antics. Like the final version, he was determined to make Luffy follow in his footsteps, however here he is a pìrâ†é captain, a complete opposite of his current occupation. Both stories have in return Luffy completely rejecting the idea of following in his grandfather’s footsteps. Garp now adorns a dog hat and compared to his chubby Romance Dawn V.2 version, his upper...
Strawhats’ favorite dishes to cook D: In the Straw Hat Crew, Sanji is obviously the one who is the best at cooking, but who else is good at cooking? What is everyone’s speciality dish? P.N. I created the praying mantis rooster. O: Well then, I’ll be presenting to you what each member is best at making. (Luffy: Raw Meat on a Plate, Zoro: Sashimi, Nami: Roasted Duck with Orange Sauce, Usopp: Fish & Chips, Chopper: Mixed Juice, Robin: Boiled Paella, Franky: Barbecue, Brook: Churrasco) Sanji is the best at cooking seafood, but he is overall good at making just about anything. Also, this has to do with how these characters grew up, but generally the ones other than Sanji who can actually do some decent cooking would be narrowed down to...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Back