Post and discuss all your favorite anime here and everything related to it.
Den Den Mushi R: Are the Den Den Mushi series animals, or machines? O: They’re animals. Insects. Baby Den Den Mushi: Its small size makes it portable. However, its signals are weak, and cannot reach over the sea to another island. Den Den Mushi: Too big to carry around, but its strength makes it useful for talking to far-off islands. Can also act as a fax machine if the accessory is attached. Black Den Den Mushi (different species): They do not grow as they age. They enjoy eavesdropping, and dislike communicating with others. Used as listening devices, or “wiretaps”.
Straw Hats’ least favorite foods D: I was looking up trivia on the Straw Hats, and I found that although they’ve all been given a favorite food, I can’t find anything about their least favorite. So what are each of the Straw Hats’ least favorite foods?P.N. Ice Cream Nyangoro O: Here you go. The reasons are inside the parentheses. A certain place’s cherry pie (No reason) Chocolate (Too sweet) Orangette (If she wants fruit, she’ll eat regular fruit) Mushrooms (Got sick once) Konjac (No nutritional value) Anything spicy (Not sweet enough) Chewing gum (Can’t swallow it) Marshmallows (Not hard enough) Lemon (No cheeks to make a sour face)
The Gray Terminal D: Good work everyday, sensei! Well a while ago, I was watching TV and thought, “maybe?!”, but is the “Gray Terminal”‘s model Smokey Mountain from the delinquent areas of Manila in the Philippines? by NN Brothers O: Ah, so it was on TV. Yes, you are correct. Reality is something that has scenes that go beyond our imaginations, and “trash mountains burning with smoke rising up from them” is a scenery that actually exists. There, many people really actually live there. How it is displayed in the manga is only the outer looks, and in reality, there are things like diseases that spread, and it’s an everyday thing to find corpses lying around in real trash mountains. Even if you wanted to escape from that life, it...
If the Straw Hats weren’t pirates, what would their careers of choice end up being? D: If the Straw Hats weren’t pirates, what would their careers of choice end up being? Please tell us!! (Though I bet Sanji would still be a chef……) from H.momo Age 9 O: Ok. So about this, I actually ended up finding the answer on a postcard from another fan. I found that the example professions listed to the side labeled “My Hobbies”. that P.N. SukeKiyo-san included along with your exact same question were spot on, so here they are. I assume they really would turn out to be something like this.
Blood types of all the Straw Hats D: Hello Oda-sensei! In volume 62 when Sanji meets the mermaids and blows a ****** of nosebleed, Chopper was saying his blood type was “S”, but that sounds really different! What are the other blood types? If it’s okay with you, I’d like to know the blood types of all the Straw Hats! P.N. Bepo O: Yeah. Sure. …so that’s it. To be clear, the types include F, S, X, and XF. However in this world, the way people call blood types hasn’t been united yet so there seems to be places where they use A, B, or O instead.
Oda drew genderswapped versions of the Straw Hats D: Nice to meet you. I was thinking while looking at Iva-chan that I’d like to see genderswapped versions of the Straw Hats. You don’t think you could draw them for me? Please do it. Pen Name: TOMO. M ODA: Sure. They become different. Luffy: I’ll eat salad and become the pìrâ†é Queen! Zoro: Three swords? I can’t, that’d break my teeth. Nami: I’m asking ya – who’s the navigator on this ship? Usopp: I think I’ll die if I go to that island. Sanji: I only do sweets. Chopper: Mr. Doctooor! Oh, that’s me! Robin: That was cruel yo. Franky: Am I super this week? Brook: ? [note: Except for Luffy (partly), Zoro and Sanji, they all say their own catchphrases, but modified to be...
Luffy D: Nice to meet you. I’m always reading One Piece. Here’s my question: when I reread from volume 1, I noticed that Luffy doesn’t have a lot of thought bubbles. Why is that? Thanks for your answer. -Mizuiro Ribon O: I see~ You’ve noticed something interesting in the 54 volumes we have. Just like how I write “ore” in hiragana, I’ve just been doing it for so long that it’s become something like my policy. I decided this in the beginning. For Luffy, it would be something like, This is the kind of stuff that goes on in Luffy’s mind. For the readers, I wanted to make him a straight shooting kind of man, so I wrote him thinking like, “If he’s thinking it, he’ll say it” and “Action speaks louder than words”. In the Sky Island arc, he...
Marks on Ace’s hat D: Greetings, Odacchi sensei. Good afternoon(?). This is a question, but the marks on the hat Portgas D. Ace was wearing; do they mean: : Was it okay for me to be born into this world? : Meeting Pops, Luffy, and loving me so much, I’m glad I was born. Thanks. …or something like that to indicate Ace’s question and the “Answer” he found? No, it’s gotta be that! When Ace said his quotes before dying, his expressions were the same as his hat. P.N. Nara’s K(Kuuki) Y(Yomeru) (Can read atmosphere) O: Hmm, I see. I’ve received quite a number of postcards on this one. Those “marks” and “the last expressions”, hm. They are the same. I, also, was shocked when I had this pointed out at first. (Haha) What’s funny is that...
Borsalino D: I have a question. Is the character of Borsalino based on Kunie Tanaka’s role of “Borsalino 2” from the Movie Truck Yaro: Bakuso Ichiban-boshi? –AkuaNoichigo O: You saw that movie?! That’s fantastic. It’s quite an old film. I wonder if it’s out on DVD and Blu-ray now. I have the entire Truck Yaro series on VHS tapes. You are correct, Borsalino comes from that role. There’s an Alain Delon film called Borsalino as well, and I suspect that Kunie Tanaka’s character was named in homage to that movie. Alan Delon’s a super-cool actor too. His movies are older, so most people probably haven’t seen them. I don’t mind, though. I did this to satisfy myself. That’s all for this installment of the SBS! See you again soon!!
Nico Robin D: Question. Robin always says frightening things in front of everyone. But in her own thoughts, she oftentimes thinks of fun stuff like “Cats” or “Dress-roba” (T.N. – Dress-roba is a pun on Dressrosa, meaning “Dress-Old Woman”). Why doesn’t Robin talk about these thoughts with her crew to make them laugh? I love how Robin is like this. P.N. Y.O O: I see, that’s true. From what I think, from the Punk Hazard Arc when she told Franky (in Chopper’s body) not to ever make such a strange face in Chopper’s body again, Robin probably likes cute things. But even though she likes cute things, she’s a bit dark/creepy herself, so if she tries to put these cute thoughts to words there is a chance it may come out as scary/ominous. That’s...
Funny question for Oda :-) D: Nice to meet you. I am a 24 year old lady who has an affection for sharks. Sharks are widely known for having 2 dicks, but does Hody also have 2 dicks? Also, how many dicks does Odacchi have? P.N. I want Shirahoshi to be my waifu O: THEY HAVE 2 OF THEM!? (SHOCK) Sharks have 2 of them!? Wow, I had no idea. They’re widely known for it!? I’ve drawn lots of sharks in my lifetime, but I had no idea. Thank you so much. If so, Hody has 2 of them as well. He has 2 dicks, so he must be a double ****! I guess personally, I only need one.
Females in the Whitebeard Pirates D: Odacchi! Question!! You know how there aren’t any females in the Whitebeard Pirates? It bothers me! P.N. Apple O: Hrmmm. So back when they made their first appearance (volume 25), there were female nurses on board. These lovely ladies were actually the Whitebeard Pirates’ official medical team. However, due to Whitebeard’s own set of morals, he never allowed a woman on board his ship as “fighters”. This is the reason why there wasn’t a single woman in his crew when they arrived in the “Summit War Arc”. He was prepared for “death” at this point. He had ripped off all of the medical tools that were helping him stablize is condition despite his illness, left the women of his medical team...
Bari Bari’s worth D: Oda-san, hello~. About Bartolomeo, he said something about how his barriers have a limit or whatever, so how many Bari-Bari’s worth is its maximum capacity? P.N. Hoichael Jackson O: Great question. There is in fact a limit to the space his barriers can cover, as well as how many barriers he can put up at a time. He can only hold up one barrier at a time, and they say that this one barrier can cover up to 50 thousand Bari-Bari’s!! Amazing! 1 Bari-Bari equates to roughly 100x that of 1 Bori-Bari-Bari, so in other words, his barrier capacity is just about 500 Pickle-Pori-Pori-Bari-Bari’s. (Translator’s Note: Bari, Bori, and Pori are all Japanese sound effects that...
How old is Corazon? Why is it that Sugar isn’t present in the Dofla-family flashback scenes? D: How old is Corazon? Why is it that Sugar isn’t present in the Dofla-family flashback scenes? P.N. Roronoa Romugen O: Corazon is 2 years younger than Doflamingo. He died at the age of 26. So Sugar and Monet would end up joining after this incident. These two were rescued from an extremely misfortunate environment by Doflamingo himself, and as sisters aged 9 and 17, they resolved to throw their lives away if it were for the sake of the Family. They were provided with Devil Fruits after joining. You see, Doflamingo is very observant of the “environments” that people grow up in.
BOA HANCOCK TRIVIA Given that all members of the Kuja tribe are named after flowers, it is possible that her first name comes from the scientific name for the snowberry, a plant known for its showy flowers, symphoricarpos chenaultii hancock. Her family name, Boa, comes from the boa, a group of constricting snakes. Boa can also mean “good” in Portuguese and is used as an expression to refer to attractive women. She is one of the two women who so far have claimed to be the “most beautiful”, the other being Alvida. Both of these women have grown infatuated with Luffy, though Hancock is perhaps the first character in the entire series who has shown feelings identified as romantic love, unlike Alvida, whose feelings for Luffy resemble...
The Supernovas when they were kids D: Greetings, sensei. I already have a question for you. Please draw the supernovas when they were kids. P.N. XDrakeFan O: Yes. Sure. My SBS ends here. From p186 is the Voice Actor SBS! (From left to right, top to bottom. Row One: Scratchmen Apoo, Trafalgar Law, Killer. Row Two: X Drake, Capone “Gang” Bege, Basil Hawkins. Row Three: Jewerly Bonney, Eustass “Captain” Kid, Urouge.)
Diez Barrels D: The one who was with Barrels, the pìrâ†é called “Dorry”, was X Drake, captain of the Drake pirates, right?! It struck me when I saw the name “Diez”, found the scar on his chin, and discovered that he comes from the sea of the North. So does that mean that Barrels is Drake-san’s father? from Kobe Prefecture, Kazuki-kun ODA: Yes, that’s correct!! Well done with your findings. X Drake, along with Luffy and the others, is a member of the youthful “Worst Generation” of pirates that stirred up a great deal of commotion around the world. His father, Barrels, used to be a Marine Officer and Drake admired this, dreaming of becoming a great Marine just like him one day. However; who knows what happened, but his...
Straw Hats & Oda’s favorite food D: Sorry this is so sudden, Oda-sensei. Luffy’s favorite food is meat. What about everyone else on the crew? And you yourself, Oda-sensei???? Chapapapapaa! P.N. I Like Cup Ramen!!! O: These are their favorites!! Luffy: ALL KINDS OF MEAT. Zoro: White rice, sea monster meat, stuff that goes with ale Nami: Oranges, all fruit Usopp: Pike from autumn islands, fish of the season Sanji: Spicy seafood pasta, stuff that goes with black tea Chopper: Cotton candy, chocolate, sweet stuff Robin: Sandwiches, cakes that aren’t too sweet, stuff that goes with coffee Franky: Hamburgers, french fries, stuff that goes with cola Oda: Often changes. Currently, qing jiao rou si. .
Why Whitebeard is a Paramecia D: Hello, Oda-sensei! I have a question. Is Whitebeard, Edward Newgate, a Logia or a Paramecia? I personally think he’s Logia, since he took Aokiji’s attack without turning to ice, but…? P.N. NY O: I guess that’s difficult. The answer is Paramecia. “Gura Gura no mi” is said to be the most powerful of the many paramecia fruits. It’s easy to think that he’s an “Earthquake Human” and must be Logia, but if that was so, he’d have to become an earthquake himself. Whitebeard creates earthquakes, in other words he’s a “Vibration Human”. That means he’s a Paramecia who isn’t any weaker than the Logias.
WB, BB, Thatch & Edward Teach D: Question! “Whitebeard Edward Newgate”, “Blackbeard Marshall D. Teach”, “4th Squad Commander Thatch”. These three all appear to be based off the real-life 18th century Caribbean pìrâ†é, Edward Teach (or sometimes Edward Thatch), aka “Blackbeard”. Can you tell us more about this figure? P.N. G-on King O: All three, yes. As a matter of fact, Whitebeard and Thatch just take his name, but Blackbeard himself is completely modeled after the man. The real-life pìrâ†é called Blackbeard had many names, and one of them was “Thatch”. He also went by “Drummond” and “Thache”. He would braid his very long black beard and light ******* wicks hanging from his hat, and with the six pistols and three swords he bore...
Supernovas D: Greetings Oda-chi ♡ Appearing in SBS is like a dream for me. Anyway, I have tons of questions I want to ask, but here’s the one I’m most curious about, no doubt about it! Please tell me the ages and heights of the rookies ♡ I’ll be waiting until the end of time P.N. Lui O: Okay okay. This is how they were two years ago. Just add two years to those who’ve reappeared in the present. And go ahead and assume that their heights haven’t changed. Because of her ability, Bonney’s age is just an estimation. Urouge, Apoo, Drake, Hawkins, Kid, Killer, Law, Bonney, Capone.
Which is faster between Captain Kuro’s “Shakushi” and CP9’s “Soru”? D: Which is faster, between Captain Kuro’s “Shakushi” and CP9’s “Soru”? TELL ME. by Niku-oh O: Ah yes. I got a surprising number of questions about this one. Captain Kuro’s Shakushi (introduced in Volume 5) was a pretty tough one. To answer the question, speedwise they are about the same. But when Captain Kuro uses his trick, the speed is so great that he doesn’t even know who he’s attacking, but CP9 has complete control of their move at the same speed. So if there were a competition, CP9 would be overwhelmingly stronger.
Old Shichibukai as kids D: Odacchi sensei!! Hear me out!! Please draw the 7 Shichibukai who made Luffy and Whitebeard suffer two years ago in the battle at Marineford as kids!! P.N. Harada Yutaka O: Yeah. Sure-. Now I wonder how they look two years later~~. These are the ones that were in the Shichibukai at the time before the war actually began. (From left to right, top to bottom. Row One: Jinbe, Dracule Mihawk, Gekko Moriah. Row Two: Boa Hancock, Sir Crocodile (former Shichibukai), Bartholomew Kuma. Row Three: Donquixote Doflamingo, Marshall D. Teach.)
Gol D. Roger Trivia Roger is the first character to be shown with the D in his name; however, he is the second to be named. Dr. Kureha revealed that his true name was Gol D. Roger well after his initial introduction. This is also the first indication that there is an underlying mystery and something special in those who carry the initial D, and Roger himself admits to Whitebeard that the D has a greater meaning than a simple initial. During Shanks’ flashback back to Roger’s death and the day he last saw Buggy, rain can be seen falling down on the town at that moment. This is echoed by Luffy’s departure from Loguetown, as it also rained during his escape. It was stated that Ace’s mother held him for 20 months (5 months before and 15...
Whitebeard’s wounds Throughout the Battle of Marineford, Whitebeard received 267 sword wounds, 152 gunshot wounds and 46 wounds from cannonballs — adding up to a total of 465 injuries at the time of death. Despite this, there was not a single scar on Whitebeard’s back showing cowardice. In manga, Whitebeard lost half of his face in the fight, but that wasn’t so in the anime.
ACE: Anime and Manga Differences Alabasta Arc When Ace first meets Luffy’s crew, he tosses them a piece of paper and leaves. However, in the anime, his time with the Straw Hats was extended and he journeys with them for a while. During the journey though, Ace’s bead necklace kept appearing and disappearing in-between scene changes, most likely due to mistakes from the animators. Mera Mera no Mi In the manga, it is unknown if Ace can light things on fire from a distance without spouting flames that make direct contact. However, in the anime, he is shown lighting a ********* for Sanji simply by pointing his finger. Ambition During his meeting with Shanks in the anime, Ace stated that he would become the pìrâ†é King. At no point in the...
Crocodile printed on the paper Cora-san was reading D: I have a question for Odacchi. In “The White City”, chapter 762 of volume 76, during the scene where Law stabs Cora-san, I found Crocodile printed on the paper Cora-san was reading. So what was that article about? P.N. Yamamoto・Sugiyama・Hori O: Yes. I’m quite impressed you found this one~. As you’ve pointed out, if you look really closely, you can find Crocodile there. This was from the time when Law was 10 and Doflamingo was 25; 16 years ago from now. Crocodile was 30 at the time. Similar to Luffy, back when he was young, Crocodile’s name spread across the seas with incredible momentum, but soon after he was admitted into the Shichibukai in his mid-20’s, he tried to...
Where the name Megalo came from D: Question! About Megalo-chan, his model… rather, where his name came from; is he named after a large shark called “Megalodon” that was thought to have existed way back when? I also heard that they may still exist? P.N. Miha O: Yes. Right on spot. Megalodon indeed. They are said to be the ancestors of the Great White Shark, and when a fossil of it’s tooth that was found, its estimated size was about 13m~20m or so. Well, it probably was a horrifying monster. I am drawing Megalo as this “Megalodon”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Back