What's new

Repent

gold199220

Addict
Reaction
Matthew 3:2 "and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
What was the word behind "Repent" in this bible verse?
If you check and know Strong's concordance, it's G3340.
The word behind G3340 or "Repent" here is Metanoia - an Ancient Greek word (μετάνοια) meaning "changing one's mind", may refer to: Metanoia (psychology), the process of experiencing a psychotic "breakdown" and subsequent, positive psychological re-building or "healing". Or to think differently or afterwards that is reconsider (morally to feel compunction)
Meanwhile, the "kingdom of heaven" is described as "a process, a course of events, whereby God begins to govern, or to act as king or Lord, an action, therefore, by which God manifests his being-God in the world of men.
In terms of baptism, it might have been a practice of cleansing in a certain pool adopted by John The Baptist from the Essenes in Qumran during the 1st century BC, called Mikveh (Hebrew, מִקְוֶה), literally translated as a “collection” or “gathering,” - it is a pool or bath of clear water in which immersion renders ritually clean a person who has become ritually unclean.
John 1:33 - " And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost."
This was also mentioned in Luke 3:16-17
Acts 1:5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
In John 3:1-21, Jesus explains to Nicodemus that being born again is in the spirit and not of the flesh.
John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
Just to add a verse in the Old Testament, from the prophet Ezekiel 36:26-27 written 592 to 570 B.C says;
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."
A misconception when Jesus says "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
Seeing the Kingdom of God is noticing and finding out how God works in our lives thus, walking through "faith" - the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Through faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God so that things that are seen are not made of things that do appear. -Hebrews 11:1, 3
-Not by the ***** eye but by the Spirit.
John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
And have you ever noticed when we ask in prayer, God does not give us the fruit but usually the seeds - the things that are hard to notice, and when they come to fruition, only then do most of us notice.
1 Peter 1:23 - for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.
Another concept that we miss is the transition. We always look for a sudden change, breakthrough, and so on.. but have you noticed how we neglect the smallest things such as every step of the process or transition? Those small things build up a foundation through Christ.
These were mentioned in the Parable of the Two Builders (Matthew 7:24-27)
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Bible verses where Jesus exemplifies the Kingdom of God like a mustard seed.
Mathew 13:31-32
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Mark 4:30-32
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Luke 13:18-21
In summary, being born again is a wide topic but it's more of spirit, seeds, and fruits.
How the kingdom of God works through the Holy Spirit.
Alam ko iba tatamarin magbasa, every seed grows, such an aspect of caring becomes a fruit of the Spirit which is love.
On the other hand, there are negative traits such as gossiping that do not bear fruit of the spirit.
The law and commandments were left to us to grow fruits that we do not see and then it get transferred to us; to other people; or even to the next generations.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things, there is no law.
Mathew 23:13 Jesus says, "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."
Different random aspects such as spirituality, neuroscience, manifestation, karma, personal experience, or WHATEVER you call it, have partially proven that it will come to fruition.
Positively, it will make way for a higher interconnected consciousness.
Let us not forget the ultimate law as it covers a multitude of sins through Christ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, just felt that I needed to add these bible verses for some reason.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
John 14:17 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Key takeaways: Repent indicated requires consciousness and a change. This does not imply that babies have not reached a certain level of consciousness.
I do not seek any glory but just to open other consciousness or beliefs.
PS, I fall short, I sin too, much more of you, but I, still try to strive for these little things.
John 15:4-9 Jesus says, "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."
Just to add, Jesus always respects our boundaries. Notice when He usually asks the sick "Do you want to be healed?" and so on..
A person's integrity based from society is like a wave, a force that gradually disappears but a person's integrity based on God's word is can be deeply rooted. Storms may come but it's built on solid foundation.