What's new

Closed About the Globe Wireless Router ZLT S10G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernan007

Enthusiast
Reaction
I am surprised by the speed of this router - creeping snail! What can you surmise if you download a 30MB file and took you half an hour to do it? Yes, yes, yes. It depends on location, on orientation, time of day, weather, etc. But there might be more....more on that later.
I had to buy this router for my kids who is about to begin on- line school. I expected it to be super fast because of its large antennas.
And so this thing has to be freed from Globe telecom, and accomodate other SIMS as well. Anything on how to do it?

The other issue is Globe's removal of the unit's battery. According to the spec, the ZLT S10G, has a battery, we should believe because there is a battery compartment. What was the reason Globe removed that wonderful battery, anyone? I did remove the back cover breaking the seal and I discovered they even removed the hook-up battery wires, and this angered me for some reason. Now I need to open the unit and do soldering instead of just buying a battery and hooking it up.

I do believe the absence of the battery contribute to the the S10G's dismal performance. Just my opinion. No offense intended to Globe engineers. Cheers! The battery not only serves as the supply, it acts as a huge capacitor, a very fine filtering element, if the supply is coming from the mains. The internal voltage fluctuates in the absence of this battery, because now the supply is a rectified AC coming from the mains! That's why your headlight and auxilliary lights flicker when your motorcycle battery is out.

Good day to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.