What's new

Tutorial Xiaomi Redmi 9/9s/9pro [Bloatware Removal]

Hazama

Save me ✋
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
Uninstall Bloatware from MIUI (I'm not sure if meron nang nakapost dito)

First things first, enable developer options on your Android.
Go to Settings -> About phone -> Tap 7 times on 'MIUI version'. You will get a message of You are now a developer!

02. Enable USB Debugging in Developer options.
Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging.

03. Download JAVA SE Development Kit on your computer.
  • Go to the development kit download page.
  • Download according to your system. For Windows, Linux or MacOS. Make sure you have to download .exe file instead of .ZIP file in case of Windows.
  • Now, complete the installation process on your computer.

miui-01.png

04. Download the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tool.
  • Click onto this link to go on ADB/Fastboot tool download page.
  • Download the file having an extension .jar.

miui-02.png

05. Once downloaded, open that .jar file. If your computer asks a dialogue box that might show you software to choose to open that file, then select the Java SE Development software. You should get the following screen after it opened.
Screenshot-239.png

06. Connect your device using a USB cable. You will get a pop-up on your device screen asking for authorization. Just tap on ok.
It will automatically detect your device and show you the list of applications installed.

miui-03.png

07. Just select the applications you want to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button located below. It will uninstall apps from MIUI.

miui-04.png

DL : You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Credits: Xiaomi
==================================================================
==================================================================
Method 2

Xiaomi phones have impressive parameters for given price, but they come with a lot of unnecessary software. It eats battery and memory, sometimes shows annoying advertisement, and may have security issues. You can not uninstall this pre-installed apps like usual ones, and you can not even disable them from settings like in earlier Android versions.

Here is how to remove or disable unnecessary software without rooting phone. Works for MIUI 11 (based on Android 9), should work for other phones for recent Android versions. Thanks to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. very useful but severely under-voted stackoverflow answer.

NOTE: I do not guarantee that this instructions won’t break your phone, blow it to flaming pieces or cause a sentient machines rebellion against humanity. You were warned.

To manage phone from command-line via USB you need adb - Android Debug Bridge, part of Android platform-tools. You can download the recent one for your OS You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. If you are on Windows, you also need You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. for your device.

• ⚙ Settings - About phone. Tap “MIUI version” multiple times. Now Developer Options are unlocked.
  • ⚙ Settings - Additional settings - Developer Options. Turn on [x] USB debugging.
  • Connect the phone to your computer via USB. Choose “File Transfer” mode instead of default “No data transfer”.
  • Open console in a directory where you unpacked platform tools.
  • ./adb devices
  • Phone will prompt to add your computer’s key to allowed, agree to it.
  • ./adb shell you have a shell on your device.
Now you need app package names, like com.miui.yellowpage for Mi Yellow Pages.

• ⚙ Settings - Apps - Manage Apps. Tap on application, then tap info(ℹ) button in the right corner. There you can see “APK name”, that’s what we need.
There are 2 options: disable app and uninstall app. I prefer disabling them, it’s easier to enable them back if you’ve broken something.

# Disable app
pm disable-user app.package.name
# Re-enable it
pm enable app.package.name

# Uninstall app
# Sometimes uninstall command may not work without -k option on un-rooted devices
pm uninstall --user 0 app.package.name
# Install uninstalled system app
pm install --user 0 $(pm dump app.package.name | awk '/path/{ print $2 }')
# Another way to install uninstalled system app
pm install-existing app.package.name

To be able to install apps back, you need to enable

• ⚙ Settings - Additional settings - Developer Options - [x] Install via USB
On Xiaomi phone to enable this setting you need to sign in into Mi Account. You may just use your Google account to sign into it and then sign-out when you don’t need it anymore:

• ⚙ Settings - Mi Account - sign-out.
Here is a list of Xiaomi and Google apps that I find unnecessary:

Xiaomi:

• GetApps - app store like Google Play from Xiaomi. The most annoying one, periodically shows advertisement.
    com.xiaomi.mipicks
  • MIUI Ad Services - also responsible for showing ads.
    com.miui.msa.global
  • Cloud
    com.miui.cloudservice
  • Cloud Backup
    com.miui.cloudbackup
  • Games
    com.xiaomi.glgm
  • Mi Credit
    com.xiaomi.payment
  • Mi DocViewer(Powered by WPS Office)
    cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite
  • Mi ShareMe
    com.xiaomi.midrop
  • Mi YellowPages
    com.miui.yellowpage
  • MIUI Gallery - if you use another gallery app
    com.miui.gallery
  • Wallpaper Carousel
    com.miui.android.fashiongallery
  • Default Browser - not necessary if you use Firefox or Chrome
    com.android.browser
WARNING: you should not uninstall or disable “Xiaomi Find Device” com.xiaomi.finddevice. On next reboot your phone will enter endless loop, and after some time it will ask to erase device and start over. Guess how I learned that?

Google:

• Google Movies
    com.google.android.videos
  • Google Music
    com.google.android.music
  • Google Photos
    com.google.android.apps.photos
  • YøùTùbé - I prefer to use a browser
    com.google.android.YøùTùbé
  • Google Duo
    com.google.android.apps.tachyon
  • Google Lens
    com.google.ar.lens
Facebook:

What the @#$%? I just got a fresh phone, didn’t install any Facebook apps and I still have a bunch of Facebook services eating my battery and memory.

• Facebook Services
    com.facebook.services
  • Facebook App Installer
    com.facebook.system
  • Facebook app manager
    com.facebook.appmanager
And some additional steps to disable Xiaomi ads and collecting data:

• ⚙ Settings - Passwords & Security - Authorization & revocation. Revoke authorization from msa(MIUI System Ads) application. Not necessary if you already disabled com.miui.msa.global.
  • ⚙ Settings - Passwords & Security - Privacy. Disable “User Experience Program” and “Send diagnostic data automatically”.
  • ⚙ Settings - Passwords & Security - Privacy - Ad services. Disable “Personalized ad recommendations”.
SIM Toolkit

Some Russian mobile operators use SIM card built-in application to promote ρáíd services. They show pop-up windows with OK/Cancel buttons. Hit the wrong button - and you are suddenly subscribed to some freaking SMS horoscope with daily fee.

You can get rid of it by disabling the ‘SIM Toolkit’ application: com.android.stk.
Sometimes for the second SIM card in the phone it is com.android.stk2.

Note, that some mobile operators may use SIM toolkit for useful things, and you will lose that functions. In my experience I have never seen anything useful there.

Sana makatulong sa inyo :)

Attachments

Last edited:
ibig sabihin, working din ito sa ibang Xiaomi device?
yes erp. working sya sa xiaomi devices. basta nafollow mo lang yung tamang instructions at requirements. 4th day ko palang sa 9s ko at parang may kakaiba. baka papalitan ko na to.

yes erp. working sya sa xiaomi devices. basta nafollow mo lang yung tamang instructions at requirements. 4th day ko palang sa 9s ko at parang may kakaiba. baka papalitan ko na to.
Wala ba gaanong issue sir ang 9s nyo? Kakabili ko Lang kahapon netong 9s ko e

Sa akin mano mano sa cmd gamit ang application inspector para makuha ang package name. Hindi pa kasi available ang tool na yan nuon.

Back