Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 4 servings
With just 5 ingredients, you can make these mozzarella sticks in 10 minutes - perfect for game day!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 string cheese, halved
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or store-bought
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Working one at a time, brush wonton wrapper with egg wash; place string cheese in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the cheese, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the wrapper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and string cheese.
- Add string cheese to the skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce, if desired.
Adapted from You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.