With WinGate’s user database and policies, parents and administrators alike can limit and control users access to the web. Logging, auditing, and a real time activity and history viewer – detailed records of user activities can be easily examined. This makes WinGate an ideal choice for Internet cafes and network administrators who work in environments where Internet access needs to be monitored closely.
WinGate comes complete with a built in firewall to ensure that each Internet connection is kept safe from attacks by häçkers and intruders from the Internet. Your network safety can be further enhanced with optional plug-in components, available seperately, which will scan incoming data for viruses, or filter out inappropriate content. This gives peace of mind to both parents and network administrators, so that you can be sure that your family or co-workers are using the Internet appropriately.
Key Functions. WinGate allows you to:
• Provide secure and managed Internet access for your entire network via a single or multiple shared internet connections
• Enforce advanced and flexible access-control and acceptable use policies
• Monitor usage in real time, and maintain per-user and per-service audit logs.
• Stop viruses, spam and inappropriate content from entering your network
• Provide comprehensive internet and intranet email services.
• Protect your servers from internal or external threats.
• Improve network performance and responsiveness with web and DNS caching
• Ease administration burdens on your internal networks.
Key Benefits. Using WinGate to actively manage the use of your Internet and network resources can provide many benefits, including:
• Improved Employee productivity
• Minimised time and resources required to maintain network integrity
• Reduced Employer liabilities
• Improved efficiency, responsiveness and reliability of network access
Changes in WinGate 7.3.1 (Build 3535), Released 16 May 2013:
1. Change: Debugging: now generates minidump files for better analysis of top level exceptions.
2. Change: Updates: added support for hyperlinks to launch browser (e.g. for links to release notes)
3. Change: Installer: Now adds rule to windows firewall for WinGate service.
4. Fix: IMAP: Search without range or UID range specifier would fail
5. Fix: Dialer: Failure to start RasMan service in time could cause WinGate engine to crash on startup.
6. Fix: WWW proxy: problem downloading resources greater than 2GB
7. Fix: Logging: Support for logging 64bit values to usage logs, changed log types for HTTP download size, mail message size etc to 64 bit capable
8. Fix: HTTP Cache: problem relating to parsing of ETag could cause some server responses to not be correctly processed.
9. Fix: WinGate Management: Help panel should no longer require adding site to Internet Explorer trusted sites.
10. Fix: Data global lists: WinGate crash where lists linked to a file couldn’t access the file
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.