What's new

Help Windows or Linux

Apshyxia

Honorary Poster
Windows or Linux?

I honestly think that Linux is far superior than Windows, I mean there's no argument to be created here for Windows, I guess... If you're a gamer you prefer Windows because of the gaming compatibility and all of that, but Linux is moving towards that future, Steam is getting extremely interesting in Linux, they're pushing out games every week and the number just continues to grow, I'd argue for Windows that it has better apps such as Adobe suites and all, but you have to treat Linux a whole lot differently. It is a different system and vagues software that collides with users that are tech-savvy and can be marketed towards normal consumers in the whole. But what do ya'll think about it?

Linux is not for everyone and same for windows. The question is which is for who?
Example if you're just a normal user who uses computer for normal office works then you don't need the additional functionality of Linux and its probably not for you, but if you're one of those "tech-savvy" guys who needs the additional functionality of Linux or you care so much about your data and privacy and you don't want Microsoft to have any of your data then maybe Linux is for you. The question of what is better depends on what the users needs.

OKay na sana ako sa "it depends on the user" pero sa "techy-savvy" is hindi masyado. Linux is basically easy to use, it's just that not a lot of people are not use to it.

[XX='tianny, c: 401844, m: 527764'][/XX] finish the sentence starting from the "tech-savvy" that is the reason why they might consider using it.
needs the additional functionality of Linux or you care so much about your data and privacy and you don't want Microsoft to have any of your data then maybe Linux is for you.
According to Oxford Dictionary, a tech-savvy person is someone who is well informed about the modern technology, and also uses his/her skills in order to take advantage of the current technology.

One of the things that they can take advantage of is privacy which i stated in the above reasons, may i know the reason why you're in a slight disagreement with me in that "tech-savvy" matter?

Back