What's new

Trivia What is mutually assured destruction or MAD?

I made this thread so I can give my insight about the tension between the WEST against Russia and it's allies.
Some would argue that a nuclear armageddon is on the horizon, because of the amidst tension between China against Taiwan and U.S., and the military conflict between Ukraine against Russia. Yes they could erase their enemies with just a few strokes. After all, they have the weapons needed to wipe out all of their enemies on surface of the planet but what kept them from doing so? The reason is the MAD.

What is the MAD? The MAD or mutually assured destruction or MAD is a military doctrine introduced during the cold war that if a superpower nation launched a nuclear warheads towards another superpower nation like the U.S. for intance, they would be annihilating one another through nuclear retaliation hence the term mutual.
"If we burnt you burnt with us". Familiar with that line?

How would a nation know if they were attacked by a nuclear warhead? Every superpower nations like the U.S. have a sophisticated and advanced satellites in orbit designed to give them early warnings of an impending nuclear strike and what country launched it. This will allow them to take a decisive action whether if they will intercept the incoming ICBM, retaliate or both.

To ensure of its credibility, a nation like the U.S. should have the effective means of logistics in delivering these nuclear weapons towards the target nation. This is where the nuclear triad comes in.
What is nuclear triad? A nuclear triad is a three parts nuclear military strategy that made up of land launched nuclear missiles, nuclear missile armed submarines, and s†éálth aircraft bomber with nuclear missiles. The land based component is armed with intercontinental ballistic missiles also known as ICBM, the submarine-launched ballistic missiles, and strategic s†éálth bombers.
So far, US is still the one that dominated all of these three key components of a nuclear triad.

The purpose of having this three branced nuclear capability is to significantly reduce the possibility that an enemy could destroy all of a nation's nuclear forces in a first-strike attack.
This, in turn, ensures a credible threat of a second strike, and thus increases a nation's nuclear deterrence.
What is deterrence? Deterrence is the idea or theory that the threat of punishment will deter people from committing crime and reduce the probability and/or level of offending in society.
In geo-politics sense, deterrence is military strategy under which one power uses the threat of reprisal effectively to preclude, to prevent or to discourage an attack from an adversary power. With the advent of nuclear weapons, the term deterrence largely has been applied to the basic strategy of the nuclear powers and of the major alliance systems.

This MAD doctrine is the reason why world superpower leaders are avoidant of using their nuclear weapons in the military conflict because they are afraid of nuclear retaliation and the consequences of it. Walang bansa ang willing makipag nuclear exchange kasi lahat ng ipinaglaban ng mga ninunuo nila at pinaghirapan nila bago pa man sila dumating sa status bilang isang nuclear capable country ay MABUBURA.

As long as the MAD doctrine is still relevant up to this day, nuclear armageddon is almost unlikely to happen. The chances of having a nuclear war are nearly to zero percent. Post-apocalyptic world only exist in fictional world a.k.a. in hollywood movies and video-games.
Chill lang kayo dyan. Hindi pa end of the world.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Last edited:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

lods leak file from China, proven Ito mga lods, kasi nung naitanong sa current president Xi ng China ngayun wala syang masasabe

Bias ako lods sa US, if kac ma submerged ung ruling ng US, kawawa tayu known na US allies din tayo (in my view), at mas kawawa tayo kase Di Lang English ung aaralin, mag mamandarin, Russo pa, nag cocontradict na nga yung ruling nang president at vice natin, ung president gusto itigil ung pag tuturo ng ibang wika sa PH, ung vice gusto ituro lahat ng language ng buong Asia sa PH...ni isa naman wala pang napa tupad

Last edited:
this dude is still mad, someone beat him on the internet.

dude, matagal na ako nanonood nang mga documentaries mahigit 10years na. you keep on insisting that I only based my opinion sa video games and movies.

200.gif

kung sabagay, this guy is new account, post and threads are sus...

Attachments

this dude is still mad, someone beat him on the internet.

dude, matagal na ako nanonood nang mga documentaries mahigit 10years na. you keep on insisting that I only based my opinion sa video games and movies.

View attachment 2079273

kung sabagay, this guy is new account, post and threads are sus...

Direct attacks from a paranoid like you. No one beats me. Assuming ka lang masyado. Matagal ka napala nanunuod ng documentaries pero parang pang grade 10 mga paliwanag mo. Sabagay ganyan naman kapag natatalo sa argument. Nag i-imagine.

View attachment 2079273

gumawa kapa nang thread para lang lang mag reply ako ulit. haha ako pa ngayun nag mumukhang talo.

clown, kasi pinagbibintangan mo pa ako sa computer games at movies lang ako kumukuha nang opinion.

yung mga tira mo parang kinopya mo lang yan sa reddit..specially yung strawman na tira mo. kaya huminto na ako dahil paulit-ulit lang mga sinasabi mo.
Direct attacks from a paranoid like you. No one beats me. Assuming ka lang masyado. Matagal ka napala nanunuod ng documentaries pero parang pang grade 10 mga paliwanag mo. Sabagay ganyan naman kapag natatalo sa argument. Nag i-imagine.

View attachment 2079273
mga lods tigil niyu nayan pahinga nlng kayo...

Nakapa-assuming mo naman na ginawa ko ang thread na to para sayo. You're not a revelant member of this site and I am not asking your attention. Walang direct or indirect attacks or insult na para sayo sa original post ng thread ko.

You're such a delusional and f****** narcisist. 🤣

nice one lods, very well thoughted out plan. alam ko dito yan papunta.

anyways, try mo ilagay sa news and current events yung mga ganitong thread. makikita ko parin naman doon, palagi ako doon.

maglalaro pa ako nang red alert generals, tingnan ko kung me bago akong matutunan sa pag de-debate.

nice one lods, very well thoughted out plan. alam ko dito yan papunta.

anyways, try mo ilagay sa news and current events yung mga ganitong thread. makikita ko parin naman doon, palagi ako doon.

maglalaro pa ako nang red alert generals, tingnan ko kung me bago akong matutunan sa pag de-debate.

Wala akong intention na insultuhin ka sa thread ko. Sobrang assuming mo kasi kahit wala naman akong direct or indirect attacks sa OP ko. Kita naman na purely educational ang layunin ng thread ko.

Sige happy gaming and lastly, walang past tense na "thoughted". Thought is the past tense of think.

Wala akong intention na insultuhin ka sa thread ko. Sobrang assuming mo kasi kahit wala naman akong direct or indirect attacks sa OP ko. Kita naman na purely educational ang layunin ng thread ko.

Sige happy gaming and lastly, walang past tense na "thoughted". Thought is the past tense of think.

ok lods, me mga grammatical error ka din sa post mo, pakihanap nalang kung saan.

naalala ko tuloy yung tv series na "the 100" where thay have a community over a space ship

US already reached its peak, and when you reached the peak, the next thing to do is go down. They are doing their best to maintain dominance but can not anymore, so they are pulling China down to go down with them. Basic crab mentality which very evident din dito sa Pinas since matagal influence ng US dito.

China has more to offer now. Russia is at par with US but has more room for expansion.

10 years from now, well see it more clearly

US already reached its peak, and when you reached the peak, the next thing to do is go down. They are doing their best to maintain dominance but can not anymore, so they are pulling China down to go down with them.
Economically China is the new super power but militarily US is still in dominance.

Basic crab mentality which very evident din dito sa Pinas since matagal influence ng US dito.
That's how geo-politics works. Sabotaging and espionage.
China has more to offer now. Russia is at par with US but has more room for expansion.
I beg to disagree with the Russia. As the Russia struggles to end the war in Ukraine and the sanctions still continues, Russia's status as a global super power will surely decline in the following years to come.

10 years from now, well see it more clearly
China will on the top of the food chain behind US and India, but I doubt if they could render the US nuclear triad ineffective. If they can't, then nuclear armageddon will always remain in the fictional world.

I beg to disagree with the Russia. As the Russia struggles to end the war in Ukraine and the sanctions still continues, Russia's status as a global super power will surely decline in the following years to come.
only time will tell, ending the war now doesn't make sense for Russia and US as both want to achieve some agendas first, if Russia wanted to end it, it can. US on the other hand can not end the war because its only using proxy.

If they can't, then nuclear armageddon will always remain in the fictional world.

i agree that nuclear war will remain as word war. only US is crazy enough to use it, they already did twice.

Last edited:
only time will tell, ending the war now doesn't make sense for Russia and US as both want to achieve some agendas first, if Russia wanted to end it, it can. US on the other hand can not end the war because its only using proxy.
I don't think Russia could end the war in Ukraine without using a nuclear weapons, but struggles of ending the war with convention way. As the war continues, Russia's economy will surely decline.

i agree that nuclear war will remain as word war. only US is crazy enough to use it, they already did twice.
That was not a nuclear war because Japan didn't have that tech therefor cannot retaliate with a nuclear strike.