What's new

Vicki Belo recalls crying over Hermes Birkin bag that was stolen

Dra. Vicki Belo has been collecting Hermès bags for 20 years, and has at least 30 Birkin and Kelly bags in her collection.

On Thursday, January 28, 2021, the 65-year-old beauty doctor opened her walk-in closet to her YøùTùbé subscribers who have long waited to see her bag collection.

While showing some of her best-loved pieces, Vicki revealed that she lost her favorite Birkin bag.

She recalled, "Actually, yung pinaka-favorite ko nawala, ninakaw. I don't know who got it. But it was black on black, it was a very special edition.

"It didn't even have an orange box. It had a black box. It was matte."

Pointing out the zipper, lock, chain, and buckle, a bag's hardware, she added, "Pati ito black. Everything was black. It was one of a kind collector's edition."

Vicki said she discovered the bag was missing only recently, "When I opened the box a few months ago, that black bag was gone.

"Yung box nandun pero dun sa loob ng box is a white bag, which wasn't the right bag.

"Yeah, I cried."

Based on her description, Vicki's missing bag is a Birkin So Black, which was launched in 2010, the year Jean Paul Gaultier stepped down as the brand's creative director after seven years.

According to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., a Germany-based online shop for carefully curated pre-loved luxury bags, Hermès immediately stopped production of this bag after reports of hardware chipping emerged.

However, many loved Gaultier's monochromatic masterpiece, and it remains to be in demand.

According to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., a Paris-based online shop, a So Black Birkin 30 was sold for USD41,828 or around PHP2 million at Christie's Hong Kong.

Christie's is a well-known British auction house that has presence in over 43 countries around the world.

Back