Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Administrator
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
[GUIDES] TWRP 2.3.6.0 / Root / Uninstall ChainFire3D for Lenovo A369i

Disclaimer:I am not responsible if you brick your phone.

Anyways, a while ago I had a terrible accident for my phone. I installed ChainFire3D on my A369i which is running 4.2.2. And since ChainFire3d is not compatible with JB, so, I am stuck in the boot screen. This is a very big problem, for the phone is a new model - no roms, no firmwares, no updates. But, I managed to fix everything. And I decided to put up a thread in case I forgot how I did it. So, here goes:

To fix it, first, I managed to install TWRP. Here's how:
  • Download the You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. for Lenovo A369i. You should use this driver and not any driver that looks like it.
  • Download and install the You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  • Download You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. for SP Flash Tool.
  • Unpack the archives.
  • Turn off phone. Remove battery.
  • Run SP Flash Tool.
  • Click File> Open Scatter-loading file ... and select the file from the folder MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt that is inside the TWRP recovery file.
  • Click the Download button and answer Yes (Yes) to the question;
  • Open Device Manager from the Properties of My Computer. Get it ready.
  • Connect phone to PC using USB cable.
  • This part is tricky. Open Device Manager and browse to Other devices category. You should see Preloader being installed. But Windows could not find its drivers. So, you right click it, and click Update driver, and browse to Lenovo A369i driver folder you have downloaded. You should be fast to do this, for the phone when plug in to PC without battery will turn on and off and on and off.
  • If everything is correct, you will see red bar in SP Flash Tool, then yellow, then a green circle.
  • Reboot phone to recovery, and you now have TWRP.

Second, to uninstall ChainFire3d, I used TWRP
  • Under TWRP, click Mount, click System, then go back to Home page.
  • Click Advance, click File Manager, browse to /system/lib
  • Look for libGLESv1_CM.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CMcf.so
  • Then, look for libGLESv1_CM_ORG_CF3D.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CM.so
  • Then, click chmod and change it to 644.
  • Look for libGLESv2.so and rename it to libGLESv2cf.so
  • Then, look for libGLESv2_ORG_CF3D.so and rename it to libGLESv2.so
  • Then, click chmod and change it to 644.
  • Reboot and wait. Phone is fixed.

Next, was to root it. Here's how:
  • Use You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. exploit.
  • Unpack zip file..
  • Enable USB Debugging mode.
  • Connect your device to your PC via USB.
  • Explore to extracted directory and run run.bat

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.: To those people who I forgot who posted much info about MT6572. Some of them, wrote in Vietnamese and Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back