What's new

Trivia Top 10 Quotes of the Day with Bonus Facts (June 14, 2021)

Ryemark Concepcion

Forum Expert
Reaction
TOP 10 QUOTES OF THE DAY

1. People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.
—John C. Maxwell

2. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
—Mahatma Gandhi

3. We were born to succeed, not to fail.
—Henry David Thoreau

4. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
—Buddha

5. Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
—Thomas Jefferson

6. Thought is not love; but thought, as pleasure, encloses love and brings pain within that enclosure. In the negation of what is not, what is remains. In the negation of what is not love, love emerges in which the I and the non-I cease.
—Jiddu Krishnamurti

7. Submit to a daily practice. Keep knocking and the joy inside will eventually open a window.

8. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
—Mahatma Gandhi

9. If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For, I have been with you, from the beginning of me.

10. Nearly everything is easier said than done. It's easier to talk about it than be about it. But don't let that stop you from trying, growing and succeeding.

BONUS FACTS:

▶North Korea has been known to threaten South Korea by fax machine.

▶Milk doesn't actually help build strong bones. If you're a woman, it may actually weaken them.

▶Eating ice cream really does significantly reduce emotional pain.

▶Ben Cohen, a co-founder of Ben & Jerry's, has no sense of smell and a weakened sense of taste. He gets his 'food enjoyment' from texture, and this is why Ben & Jerry's ice cream often has chunky ingredients.

▶In Japan, the odds of being killed by a gun are about the same as an American's likelihood of being killed by lightning — about one in 10 million.