Well now that winter is officially upon us, and tad bit early at that, it is a good time to make sure your property is prepared for La Nina. I have put together a short list of reminders that should help you get things ready for the colder months to come.
- Have your furnace and air ducts cleaned if they need it
- Be prepared to not leave the house for several days in the event of storm
- Have a shovel ready if snow decides to show up
- Check weather stripping on doors and windows and make sure they are forming a tight seal
- Take precautions to make sure fountains do not freeze
- Turn off exterior water and drain the ***** to reduce the chance of a burst
- Block off the air vents in your basement if you have them. This will keep your house warmer.
- Have de-icer ready