What's new

Closed things NOT to do on Facebook in a relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yours

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Like it or not, Facebook plays a major role in our daily lives and it also affects a lot of relationships in either a positive or a negative way. I’ve seen a lot of friends fight over mere things like status updates and photos. I’ve seen people fight over things that wouldn’t have really made a difference ten years ago, but they do now because this is the world we live in and everything is online, every relationship has to be put on display, the fights and the good times are all showcased for everyone to see, things add up one after the other and in the end they cause a lot of problems and fights.

I use Facebook on a normal basis, I don’t really put checkins but I do put pictures up with my girlfriend like the rest of my friends. Yes, sadly I too am a part of it and so is everyone else I know. But I do avoid a few things, a few things that do a lot of damage in the long run. This is going to be about the things you simply should not do on Facebook, especially when you’re in a relationship. Let’s begin:

6. Don’t talk about your fights on Facebook
This is one of THE most damaging things you can do to your relationship. I’ve said this a million times in a lot of my articles that your fights are yours alone, the world doesn’t need to know about them. Same goes for Facebook; if you’re mad at your partner for some reason and you feel like venting it out somewhere, just simply call them up and tell them how they’ve hurt you.

Do NOT go put a status up on Facebook about how horrible you feel because of that person. Not only will the entire world seem insanely interested in what happened, no one will actually help but simply enjoy the fact that they’re in a better place than you. I know because I’ve been there and I would never go back there again. People would remember that fight long after it is fixed and forgotten.

5. Don’t talk about your intimacy on Facebook
This is also a no-brainer but a lot of people do this for some reason. Don’t be boastful about the intimacy you have with your partner, you’re not supposed to talk about the intimacy you share with your partner because that’s someone no one has the right to know except for the two of you, keep it to yourself.

This may lead to some fights or arguments because your partner isn’t going to be okay with you talking about your personal life and exposing it to your entire friends list. Some things should always be under wraps, both online and offline.

4. Don’t stalk your ex on Facebook
This one is the most common of them all, a lot of people have a habit of stalking their exes on Facebook. They may have multiple reasons for doing it too, such as:
  1. I just want to see how miserable he/she is without me.
  2. I was only trying to see if he/she has gotten hotter after I’m gone.
  3. I just get happy by seeing him in a terrible state in life without me.
  4. I’m still a little angry at him/her and I want to take it out on him/her.
These were only some of the things I’ve heard from people. What good can come out of stalking your ex? Nothing. You’re only showing your partner that you’re still not over your ex and it’s going to hurt them a lot when they find out. No one likes to know that they’re simply wasting their time on someone when they’re still stuck in their past.

3. Don’t be friends with your ex on Facebook
I’m going to get a lot of “Uh I’m still friends with my ex on Facebook and we’re completely cool with each other” but I’m still going to say it. It is NOT normal or okay to be friends with your ex, either in real life or online, it only leads to bad things later if not sooner. I’ve seen this happen, this has happened with me and the fight I had with my girlfriend because of this was just beyond control. Your ex isn’t “cool” with you, you’re only lying to yourself by thinking that way.

You’ve been intimate with them, you’ve shared moments with them, you’ve shown a side to them that no one else has seen, and you wanted to have a future with them. When a person like that “tries” being friends with you when it doesn’t work out, you two definitely will spark up those feelings again slowly but surely. It is always advised to simply let your ex stay in the past and not complicate your future.
2. Don’t spy on your partner using Facebook
Spying is wrong, any type of spying means you’re in a very damaged relationship and you should take some time out to figure yourself out. This could either be because of your past or something else, but no one is insecure because of no reason. It’s always best to talk to your partner about your insecurities and let them know about your weaknesses, admitting it is much more better than doing something behind their backs.

A lot of people spy on their partners on Facebook, by looking at their activities and photos and by going to the deepest parts of their Facebook profiles to try and find anything they can use. Stop being insecure, talk about it and find a way to fix it. They love you, they won’t hold it against you.
1. Don’t make Facebook the home for your relationship
A lot of people are more in love on Facebook than they are in reality. They put up romantic photos and post on each other’s walls when in real life things are completely different. If you want to be romantic on Facebook and show everyone how great your relationship is, make sure it is equally great or maybe more in real life.

Facebook is merely a social networking website, I’ve seen a lot of people who aren’t even “in a relationship” on Facebook and hardly use it when in real life they’re living very happily with their partners. I’ve seen people who are very expressive and romantic on Facebook with their partners and they are equally amazing when you see them in person. It’s your relationship, it’s your life, show it as much as you want to, but make sure you’re satisfied with the way things are going.
relrules.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back