What's new

The Power That Drives Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Conscience is the most intimate of relationships we can know. I am a human person; and I have my conscience. I cannot explain how it came into being, but I believe I have one. I have not just read it from the dictionary or from the Bible, which is the authoritative book of the Lord, and I can feel it. In my person, it is a reality that exists within me. One of the reasons why I believe the written word of God is because of my experience with my conscience.

My conscience is my most faithful friend and critic — second to Christ. It always tells me of my shortcomings and my misdeeds; it makes me sense if I am abusing on a certain point or not. It is my unseen guardian that insists or presses me to do what I believe is right.

ROMANS 2:15
Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another.

Through this verse, I have discovered that the existence of conscience in a man is an absolute reality. God, by His power, has written His laws in the hearts of men to guide their conscience! But there are those people with evil conscience.

HEBREWS 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Why? There are hearts defiled by the devices of satan. It is the work of God’s archenemy to make evil what God has naturally made good.

ECCLESIASTES 7:29
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

The uprightness in man was destroyed by the inventions or devices of satan.

2 CORINTHIANS 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 CORINTHIANS 2:11
Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

But I believe that even people whose conscience were defiled by satan still know what is good and evil.

ROMANS 1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I want to reveal something inside me, for my readers to know what drives me and presses me to use every possible means within my reach in propagating or spreading the Word of God: My conscience.

I have seen drug addicts turned to be better and responsible persons after hearing God’s Word; broken families reunited; vicious persons learned how to love and to be compassionate; and the Godless to be God-fearing.

I found myself dearly engaged in a work and a vocation I did not in my dreams have dreamt of,tired, troubled, caring, and with responsibilities. My physique is noticeably declining, but still, I want to continue the work of spreading the Good News — I am driven by my conscience.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

ACTS 20:24
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

I thank God for this kind of conscience He gave me! I may not be perfectly upright, but the God I serve is perfectly one. His perfection makes me realize how imperfect I am, and pushes me to strive, to attain the perfection He expects me to reach.

PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

My conscience, guided by God’s word, taught me how to love; to care for others; to be compassionate to the less-fortunate; and to consider the right of others.

It has been my delight to serve my God — whatever the cost may be. I hope and pray that my being a ‘nobody’ will be used by the Creator to make people realize how great and merciful He is. Amen!

I will be spending, with God’s help, the last centavo in my pocket — and myself for this God-given vocation.

2 CORINTHIANS 12:15
And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.

God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.