What's new

The Old Covenant Can Not Sanctify Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
The teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ were not meant to be changed. Unlike the Law of Moses or the Ten Commandments, they were given to be observed until the end of the world.

(Matthew 28:20) “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

The Law of Moses was until John.

(Luke 16:16) “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

The Law of Moses was for the Israelites.

(Malachi 4:4) “Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.”

These are God’s commandments given to Moses on the mountain and was called by God the “Law of Moses”. Just like the commandments given by God to Jesus Christ for Christians, which was called “The Law of Christ”.

(Galatians 6:2) “Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”

The Law of Christ came from God; just like the Law of Moses.

(John 12:49-50) “For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”

What is this “Law of Moses” given to him by God on the mountain, that has with it statutes and judgment?

(Exodus 31:18) “And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.”

These are the Ten Commandments written on two tables of stones with the finger of God.

(Deuteronomy 4:13) “And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.”

It is also called “The Covenant”, which, later, was declared the “Old Covenant”.

(Hebrews 8:13) “In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.”

It was the law that was changed when the priesthood was changed.

(Hebrews 7:12) “For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.”

Jesus Christ succeeded Moses and his priesthood.

(Hebrews 3:1-4) “Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honor than the house.”

In the Christian dispensation, the Law of Moses can not sanctify anymore!

(Acts 13:39) “And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.”

Thus, the change in Sabbath.

God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.