What's new

The Golden Rule: Principle that Jesus Taught in the Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
We have always been hearing about the Golden Rule that says, “Do unto others what you would want them to do unto you.” This is taken from Matthew 7:12.

MATTHEW 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

By all standards, this pronouncement of our Lord Jesus Christ is just, fair and equitable: "Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you." In simple Logic, Matthew 7:12 is also about -

"Do not do unto others what you would not like others to do unto you."

This is a plain and simple goodness that a free and thinking mind can easily understand. If you do not want to be hurt, you must not hurt others. If you want others to respect your rights, you have to respect the rights of others.

As we walk, reality has it that we have to sway our hands (arms). Scientifically, it is our body's way of maintaining proper equilibrium as we walk.

But we do not have to sway our hands (arms) to maintain balance to the extent of hitting another person's face, thus, depriving him of the same right that we are enjoying for ourselves. Respect for others is a necessary ingredient of peace in a civilized society.

I PETER 2:17 (NIV)
Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

By these simple standards of justice, we can easily judge that hurting other people especially the innocent is simply violating his inborn and natural right as a person. My heart grieves every time I hear news of this sort, that people who do not hurt others, who don't have any intention to hurt anybody, are being hurt.

Hurting or causing any harm to innocent people is also causing harm and grief to them that love these people. What is worse is that the Creator of these people, who is the Creator of us all, is angered by this unjust act.

PROVERBS 14:31
He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoreth him hath mercy on the poor.

PROVERBS 19:17
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

I am thinking that if you are going to hurt my mother, you are going to hurt me because I love her. And if I am going to hurt your mother, I am going to hurt you also because you love your mother. This is a very simple logic not understood by some religious fanatics who do not have respect for the right of others.

What was not common among Filipinos of the past, is now a common scenario because of different false religious beliefs introduced to Filipinos, and that is "Do unto others what you would not like others to do unto you!"

Eastern religions give their rule as follows -

Confucianism: "Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you." (Analects 15:23)

Hindusim: “This is the sum of duty: do not do to others what would cause pain if done to you.” (Mahabharata 5:1517)

Buddhism: “Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." (Udanavarga 5:18)

I hope only for a Divine intervention to rid the Philippines of this demonic brutality of killing people especially the innocent because of religious perversions!

JOHN 16:2-3
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, thetime cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

MATTHEW 23:15
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

These verses clearly illustrate the influence of false religions to humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back