What's new

Stories The Climb

WhatMV

Forum Veteran
Reaction
The Climb
MGL Emvie

The desert dwellers, Esmeralda, Khaleed, Khufra, and Moskov decided to take vacation. They were to climb the snowy mountains of the Northern Vale. And so, after they landed on the shores of the wintery north, Khaleed gazed up at the beautiful mountain peak.

"What a beautiful mountain!" he said. "But the cold is so painful!"

"Six hours." Esmeralda retorted. "I predict that it will take us around six to eight hours to reach that peak."

Khaleed pulled his sleeves to check his watch. "It's five A.M."

"So, we will reach the peak around one P.M." Khufra said. He threw bags towards Khaleed and Moskov, and commanded, "Carry this bag and move your trembling knees already!"

The group saw people along the way but as they climbed higher, they met fewer people. Some of the climbers camped on rocks and sometimes under the roofs of small caves. Moreover, since Esmeralda was unaccustomed to cold climate, she would suffer cramps. So, Khufra would commanded Khaleed and Moskov to build temporary camps.

"Should we not force ourselves to climb this mountain?" Khaleed said. "Let's return."

"We're already on the way." Khufra replied.

"But it seems dangerous."

"Are you a coward? You want to leave in the middle of the journey."

Khaleed sighed. "That's not what I mean."

He gazed up and realized the peak still lay at a distance. "The cold is painful. If we could jump to the peak right now, we won't suffer like this."

A while later, the group resumed their climb. It's almost five in the afternoon when they reached the peak. A cabin food shop greet their eyes soon as they reached the peak.

"Hey! I'm Freya. Would you like some tent and food?"

"Yes we do. Please bring us enough to survive for five days."

"Sure!"

After Khufra bought the supplies they needed. He commanded the group to set up camps and to enjoy the view and the terrain. They surely won't see anything like this in Agelta Drylands.

Nevertheless, as Moskov walked around the peak, he realized that at the back of the mountain laid a steep hill, clean from footprints and seemed to be hidden by thick clouds. He quickly returned to the group to report what he saw.

"There's still a hill back there! It seemed almost no one try to climb it! Let's climb it! It will be a good challenge!" he said.

"We better not. I think it's a bad idea." Khaleed replied.

"I thinks it's more beautiful up that hill." Moskov said.

Khufra came and handed the enthusiastic boy a thick rope. "You said it yourself. None climb it so it might not meant to be climbed. Now help me--"

"You always say do that, do this as if your some kind of king. Now listen to me and let's climb that hill!"

Esmeralda came and said, "Calm down, listen to Khaleed. It's dangerous. If it were easy, people would be climbing it."

Khufra handed the rope again and said, "Now help me."

So Moskov helped set up the camp and prepare the night.

After all things are done, the party explored the peak and enjoyed the terrain until exhaustion. They planned to spend a week on this vacation, so Moskov decided to left a letter that says "I'll be back in three days" before leaving to climb the hill in the following morning.

Moskov climb the hill and on his way, the slippery and hip-deep snow became his obstacles. The air is a lot thinner in the skin but heavy on the lungs. But after five hours, Moskov managed to reach the peak. His nose red, eyes bloodshot, and his limbs shrivelling.

At the sight of Moskov, the few people rushed to help and congratulate Moskov on reaching the peak of the hill.

This is a shrine. So Aurora, the shrine maiden asked the group to have a feast to congratulate the young man.

"Your welcome gave warmth from that cold and hard climb. I feel good from the challenge, this is refreshing." Moskov said.

"This is the calmest peak in the Northern Vale but the road is unforgiving." Aurora replied.

"This is a beautiful place. I could even feel the sun peeking. How come that most people won't try to reach it here?"

"The crowd below won't take risk. They are contented at the small happiness that they've achieve."

"My friends won't listen and left me. So I decided upon myself to take the step. They don't realize the beauty up here." Moskov said.

"You're exceptional. It's your courage that brings you here so congratulations, young man!"

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!