What's new

Stories The Big Night

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
The Big Night!
(515 Celebration)

by: MGL Emvie

Chou forgot the days and months that passed. One? Two years? The pandemic ruined his long awaited debut but early this February of 2021, he received a call from Moonton STUN Talent Agency.

Brody, a man of caliber and skills spotted Chou in the streets. Although they share the same age, Brody considered Chou's talent since Brody was trained while Chou was inexperienced since the boy lived in the City's slum. So, Brody introduced him to the agency before leaving abroad to train. Fortunately, Lylia took Chou as her apprentice in showbiz, and trained him everyday until his big day but then the pandemic came.

Chou was thankful when Brody called him in 2021 to accompany him in the agency's studio's first show after the pandemic. Furthermore, Brody informed Chou that there will be three of them in the stage.

"It's time to show the world our talents. Let's paint our names in the blinking lights of fame!" Brody said. "No later than nine PM in the studio. Find Selena, she's the other one."

"Will you come early?

"I'm on the plane. I will arrive at eight."

Chou, bursting in excitement, arrived in the studio at 1PM in the afternoon! Three hours it took to prepare his hair and another hour to seek the perfect attire. However, how surprised he was to see the place dead and empty. No crew, and no Selena.

Chou decided to call the agency but the line replied an automatic voicemail. They were busy! He asked the nearby establishments and learned that the studio never opened ever since the total lockdown.

Chou's eyebrow fell and his sigh grew deeper. He swallowed his saliva and sat on the studio's staircase. He thought that it would be the day of his debut. But he considered not that there's still a pandemic. High expectations caused him regret. He called Brody but the other line kept on ringing --probably sleeping. Impossible, he thought. It's been several months since their last practice and he has yet to see their new member.

That studio was the biggest stage of the STUN agency and the most popular stadium in the continent. Men and women came to celebrate the annual 515 celebration. For the last two years, the celebration was held behind screens because of the pandemic. However, before that, people would come to see the performance of girl idol, Lylia. Whenever this girl performs-- the stadium would roar! The thundering throats that crept out from the mouths of people sometimes overcome the music. But all raves in the beat!

Like the studio, the wind was calm as if dead but blows oftentimes visit. One such breeze carried a poster of Lylia that hit Chou's toes. Chou picked it up and realized that if everyone is unavailable, he should, instead, call Lylia.

"Hi Lylia! Do you know the whereabouts of Selena?"

"My apprentice! Glad you call! The management is super-duper busy that none have the time to pick up calls. By the way, congratulations! You're owning the night with Brody --big time." "Selena? She went to the Regional Engineer."

"Claude's office? Ok, thanks!"

Chou's pupils rolled left and right. How are they busy when the studio is empty? He must find Selena so he rode to Claude's office with his motorbike of plastered tattoos. When he arrived at 5 PM, the people told him that a cute lady came to fetch the engineer in a fabulous car.

"We thought it's his girlfriend." the guard said.

"Is that so, then I'll go get on my way now. Thanks."

"Oh," said the guard, "look who is arriving. It's the engineer."

"Hey!" Claude said and waved a smile. "You're Chou, aren't you? Selena expects you to be in the studio. I've been working on mass reproducing this device and Selena help me install it around the region. Aren't you supposed to be in the stadium?"

Chou's eyes crumpled. He looked at his watched to see it's 6 PM. It often took more than two hours to travel from the stadio to the office. They will perform at nine so he rushed his motorbike. However, he was ambushed by three youngsters.

First, Fanny slide his way with a cable and then threatened Chou with a bat. Chou left the motorbike and intimidated the girl with a stomp. However, Ling jumped from over the roofs. He took off his hood and then complimented Chou's motorbike. And finally, Wanwan appeared from the shadows behind with a dart.

" Leave the keys of your motorbike or I will plant this dart in your body." Wanwan said.

But they didn't knew that Chou once lived in the streets. So instead of surrendering, Chou fought them three on one. His jet kun doo and mix martial arts skills saved him but he left him with bruises in his arms and his hair disturbed. After that, he looked at his watch and realized that he will be late. So he rushed his motorbike with the deadly 300km/h speed! No worries because due to the lockdown, the roads was almost empty.

Eight-fifty in the evening when he arrived. Brody and Selena were waiting in the stage.

There were lights but the studio was empty. This didn't looked like a performance, it's more like a rehearsal.

"I've marked the places where to deliver the images. Yes, I've installed holograms all over the region!." Selena said. "Come it's starting!"

Exactly nine! The holograms beeped and started to broadcast video through the dark skies. The three greeted the people and then played their music. Selena took the intro with a touch of mysterious darkness with hers singing. Then the lights blinked, and then began to beat with the music. And that sound vibrates to the bones and heart, which will surely make you dance.

And after that, that performance became a big hit and they became the STUN Legendary Trio.

Author's Note: "Thank you for reading this short story. I am trying to be a man of literature but I am not professional. I wish to provide stories more beautiful and more entertaining. So please, I need your help. Comment your constructive criticisms, thoughts, and opinions about this story. Finally, thank you and have a wonderful day!"

Good yung story TS. Minor errors lang sa ilang sentences, i think, na need ng proofreading. But the whole story is good. And aliw dahil sa mlbb characters.

Thank you very much for your observations! I will try my best to improve my writing. Ideally, my next story should be cleaner and should provide more entertainment. God bless you!