TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing
MAKES: 8 servings
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened if necessary
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced fresh strawberries
1 slice equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil. Spread sorbet onto bottom of pan; place in freezer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold whipped topping into pudding; spread over sorbet. Freeze, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Unmold dessert onto a serving plate; remove foil. Cut into slices. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.