TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
MAKES: 12-16 servings
- 3 to 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Add beef and mushrooms to the gravy. Serve with noodles. Yield: 12-16 servings.