What's new

Stories Spirit of the Glass in Aberleen

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Spirit of the Glass in Aberleen
MGL Emvie

In Aberleen boardinghouse, Carmilla throw a Halloween party for her tenants. But the ever-energetic Lylia was bored from traditional Halloween party. "Let's do something more thrilling!" Lylia cried.

At this time of the year, thrilling stories and dark adventures popped in different places where people witnesses a different genre of adventure. But Lylia, curiously searching for fun, suggested to play the Spirit of the Glass

"That seemed dangerous." Carmilla said.

"That's why we wore these costumes so when we conjure the spirits they would thought that we had come from the other world too." Lylia said.

"I'll join!" Nana and Angela said.

"Well that looked fun. I'm interested to know if there are clowns in the other side too." Karrie said, looking at Alucard as if asking, 'what will you do?'

"Fine. But where do we get the--"

Before Alucard could finish, Lylia grabbed a ouija board under the shelves, and smirked. "I got this from old Franco's room."

Lylia was prepared. She had a black book with chanting scribbles and she even brought candles. She asked Alucard and Karrie to help setting up the room, but it turned to look as if they're summoning a demon instead of just playing the Spirit of the Glass.

"Isn't this a little bit too overboard?" Carmilla said.

"Well have bro Alucard to join us. You're coming with us too, Ms. Carmilla."

This activity could be dangerous, Carmilla thought. But having six of us... Well, Alucard and Karrie looked like reliable if something happened

However, Angela, Nana, and Lylia were excited like puppies in Halloween costumes.

Carmilla was worried. These kids' curiosity about spirits might be bad and dangerous. Carmilla's special someone often told stories about people meeting evil spirits and ended up getting cursed. But these dangers were something she never experienced first hand. So she was sure that she felt curious too.

"I'm lighting the candles." Nana said.

"Start it, Lylia." Angela whispered.

By Lylia's lead, the six of them surrounded the circle table. The candles in the corners of the room cast their shadows on the ouija board. And the flames of the four candles on the table reflected the glass's glimmer to their dark pupils.

They prayed. Five minutes of deep silence, and it seemed that the slight breeze copied the rythm of their breathing. When the flames on the candles straighten so rigid, Lylia nodded and everybody placed their fingers on the upsidedown glass.

Lylia chanted and prayed to conjure the spirits, but after several minutes, her calls seemed in vain. Everyone felt exicited and curious. But ten minutes was like forever, and the glass still wouldn't flinched an inch.

The night fell deep and Carmilla felt the growing cold.

Must be the breeze, she thought.

Lylia continued but nothing was happening. Everybody was joining to call a spirit with their minds except Carmilla who tries to feel and observe the room.

Nothing happening is also good, Carmilla thought. But hey, it's getting chilly. Did they forgot to close the window?

Carmilla opened her eyes a bit and the candle light dazzled her eyes. The flame half-blinded her but she quickly noticed Lylia, who was chanting hard. Everyone had their eyes closed but the glass still wouldn't moved.

Carmilla closed her eyes and turned her gaze at the window. She assumed it's open but it was closed.

Closed

The door was closed but she felt the freezing breeze in her skin. So she dropped her eyes at her arms. God! It wasn't the breeze! Beside her was a strange arm, shriveled like a rotten flesh. She followed her gaze at the arm towards it's finger that joined them on their game. Moreover, on the glass were seven more fingers!

Behind Karrie's shadow where candle lights cannot reach, a hand covered in necrotic wounds was reaching the ouija board, gripping the glass.

They're here!

Carmilla wanted to scream. But she couldn't. She wanted to alert Alucard or Nana who sat on her sides, but she couldn't move! She wished to close her eyes but instead, it followed her curious and anxious gaze at a familiar finger, which looked like the finger of the dead master of the Aberleen home.

Her arms was shaking, but it seemed no one had noticed. The spectre that found her eyes curious wore a ragged tuxedo, and some flesh on its arm were missing, showing it's withered bare bones.

In that moment, thousand litters of air rushed to Carmilla's lungs. Her lips were opened and ready to scream when the door thundered. The ghost broke their neck in unison, and in split second turned to the door. Lylia and the others turned their faces as well.

"Why it's so dark? Here, turn on the pumpkin lanterns." Cyclops said, hopping to the room.

When the room became brighter, the ghosts burst like a smog. Carmilla's face turned pale as she asked, "Didn't everyone see?"

But the other five sighed, disappointed. They're clearly expecting something.

"Cyclops!" Lylia said, pouting.

"Did I interrupt something?" Cyclops said. "I thought you guys were having feast. Where's the food? I'm hungry."

Angela fell on the table like a puppet that had its strings cut. But Karrie patted her head. "Hey, it's still November. We'll do it again tomorrow, right? Bro Alu? Ms. Carmilla?"

Alucard nodded but Carmilla exclaimed, "Absolutely not! I hate this game, have Ruby or Lolita as my replacement."

Cyclops, confused, said, "I'll join you tomorrow, but let's start the feast already."

"Good idea." Carmilla said, brushing off the topic and fueling the thought that the spirit game failed. Everybody looked disappointed but Carmilla knew that the experience would curse her months of sleepless nights. To protect her pride as an ãdül†, she hid her fright of ghost and what she saw. But from that moment, she would interfere or leave when the kids would again thought of similar activities. "Let's have the Halloween party started." she added

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! I am not professional but I try to provide entertainment through beautiful stories. I wanted to improvemy writing more so I needed reader's feedbacks. Comment your thoughts, thank you!" ~~Emvie

If you wish to read more story, please click the link below.